So APB is utter rubbish then ..

Associate
Like yourself, I can see what they are trying to achieve so will support them for a while.

As you say, it is a new concept so time will tell.

This.

I preordered without reading any reviews at all, only going on my time on the key to the city even. You can either get past the issues it has or not. I can only see it getting better from here on in, hopefully they will support it, there will definitely be DLC but I'd imagine it will be clothing etc before anything else.

Caporegime
were not at the point where a massive fps is feasible. Soon but not yet. So it plays like shoot em ups of old, laggy, spray and pray.... and thats always frustrating. one day we'll have a true fps with unlimited players... just not yet.

wasnt planetside fps? and ww2 online and neocron?

Soldato
http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/07/02/apb-review/

Ain't it bad when you get REALLY excited about a game especially the direction,. idea behind it etc, and they completely screw it up :(

I could have bought this 10 times over based on concept .. 0 time ever based on implementation ...

Oh well, just to pretend it never existed now ..

As a human you are allowed to make your own mind up :rolleyes:

Soldato
I played in the beta for a while, my thoughts are pretty much the same as the review.

There's nothing in it to justify the prices they are asking.

Associate
I bought it just to see what its like, love GTA and love the thought of other players being sent out to get you rather than some easy to beat AI.

Dont think Im gonna buy more time though. Played about 5 hours so far and Im not too impressed. Like somebody mentioned, at the start the guns are pretty rubbish, so when somebody gets dispatched against you who has all the best stuff, you just dont stand a chance! definately needs more of a matchmaking system in place. But other things too, all the missons are basically the same, theres hardly any vehicles (what, like 10 different basic ones or so?), the graphics are pretty weak compared to other recent releases and the NPC's drifting round the city create the most unrealistic atmosphere, just compare them to NPC's in GTA4 or Saints Row 2.

So yea, like most people I think its a great idea, just implemented quite badly :(

Soldato
The 'PvP' is worse than he describes, though.
I invariably met a bigger group with bigger/better guns and you just can't compete.

That was my problem. I just got out of the tutorial area and in my first mission, it put me up against multiple players who were 10+ levels higher than myself. I shut down and uninstalled immediately.

Soldato
I played in the beta and it was near enough unplayable with the lag :(

If the lag issue hasn't been fixed - they won't be getting my cash :(

Soldato
Was really enjoying this, now matchmaking has decided only to put me against players with super weapons, don't feel like playing any more =/

At the start everyone had similar guns and any killing was 90% skill, no it's just dull being killed within 2-3 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom