New Xbox 360 Elite slim 250 gb HDD £139.99 @ Sainsburys instore on 16th Not Confirmed

Associate
Someone posted this in HUKD (Hotukdeals.com)

"Have heard from a reliable source (Sainsburys management) that on launch day, sainsburys will be selling the xbox 360 elite slim for £139.99, the same price they are selling the old model at currently. This will be the console only (no extra games)and will only be on for a limited time and only likely to be the opening weekend, but not confirmed exactly how long. Really need to talk my wife into letting me have one now!!

I know this has not been "officially" confirmed, but please don't vote cold because you don't believe me. Wait for confirmation then get your hot votes in!!"

Would be nice if it were to come true.

Caporegime
they have continued to do great deals on new games on launch day since their MW2 deal. They had lego harry potter on xbox for £25 when everybody else was charging £35 + so i can well believe it.

Soldato
If anything, it's likely to be that someone has either misinterpreted the price of the current Elites as the new price, or the new console has been added to the system with the 'current' price as a placeholder. I simply can't see this being true.

Nonetheless, I happen to work there on the relevant department so I'll see what I can find out.

Soldato
I mentioned this in 2 threads on here a couple of days ago and not one person responded to me. I'm still not sure if it will be true but it won't be the first time that supermarkets have offered such a high % discount on a launch day gaming product.

Soldato
This rumour is spreading on a number of forums but so far there seems to be no substance behind it. While it can't be ruled out, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much at this moment in time.

I'd be sending the mrs down to Sainsbury's if this is true though :)

Caporegime
Seems strange why they would sell it for £60 less than RRP

the outgoing one is on special offer for £149.99 at another supermarket

somebody could be mistaken and sainsburys are matching this but beating it by £10.

Equally it could be like when MW2 was £25 at sainsburys, but the highstreet game stores were selling it for £44.99 !! that was 50 % off RRP. They did the same last week with lego harry potter, £25 when the RRP was £44.99

Caporegime
20 they wont even have that, they are hardly big players like Tesco/Asda

They will have about 2 per store and have 1000s people going in.

i doubt it

they had tons of copies of MW2 on launch day.

Remember, its economies of scale, to be able to secure a discount big enough to be able to sell it for 139.99 they would have to buy them by the boatload. You cant get your money back on big discounts only selling 2 per store. You need hundreads per store to actually see anytthing from it.

Unless they have gone completely the other way and its a loss leader to tempt people in store when they wont have any. Somehow i doubt it though.

Back
Top Bottom