Lian-Li V354 - mATX Case

Associate
That doesn't really look particularly small form factor to me :S. Might as well go for a A05N or whatever it is called, probably a similar size and fits an ATX board ... maybe not just checked the a05n is still quite a bit bigger. But still I find it annoying how unnecessarily big a lot of these SFF cases seem to be. There are so many "sff" cases this size, I reckon i could design something noticably smaller only problem is I don't have the expertise or tools to build it :(.

Soldato
Their seems to be one 140mm top fan , two 120mm intakes and one rear 120mm exhaust making it Corsair H50 friendly
I'd get that checked before committing.

A 120mm fan spot only means it will fit a 120mm fan. The H50 and H70 rads need clearance around the edges where part of the rad bulges out.

I'm not seeing that kind of clearance around the rear 120mm fan spot.

Associate
Seems that other place has it down as a Mini ITX and says nothing about Micro ATX, will this take an Asus Maximus II Gene or Rampage III Gene?

Hopefully some will buy and post pics of their builds!

Soldato
Seems that other place has it down as a Mini ITX and says nothing about Micro ATX, will this take an Asus Maximus II Gene or Rampage III Gene?

Hopefully some will buy and post pics of their builds!

Yes it will, got one thinking a h50 would fit in the top 120mm fan mounts how wrong :(

its a matter of mm's and imo is a unacceptable oversight of lian li, needless to say im not keeping it, other than that it was a nice case

Associate
OP
Yes it will, got one thinking a h50 would fit in the top 120mm fan mounts how wrong :(

its a matter of mm's and imo is a unacceptable oversight of lian li, needless to say im not keeping it, other than that it was a nice case

Are you quite sure the H50 will not fit in either of the front 120mm fans, or top and rear fan mounts?

For reference, the smaller PC-Q08 useing the Scythe "SLIP STREAM SLIM" 120 x 12mm Fan. I cant see a problem fitting it in the same orientation in the larger 354, other than the rear fan getting in the way, it should fit in the same way it is in the Q08

DSC_0185.jpg
DSC_0173.jpg

Apologies if you cant get it to fit anyway :(

Soldato
Ive seen someone fit one to the front but then you loose 4 hdd bays, also need to find some suitable screws to mount it, it definately wont fit in the back and also not in the top with my motherboard, if the mounting holes were about 3-4mm nearer then centre of the case it would be perfect but unfortunately there not :(

But it might fit with a thin fan like you say but ive no idea how much that will effect the cooling performance?

Associate
Its £95 in the US.... :( Real pitty I didn't check before my friend came over to visit 2 weeks ago... Can't believe the stupid difference of prices between the US and here. Its rubbish! If only shipping didn't cost so much.

Anyone want to help me and join with a bulk order to save of shipping :)

Associate
OK, thinking of biting the bullet and going for it. But have come across a problem - My HR05+

I can fit my 8800GTX in length wise, but I have a HR05+ on it to keep it nice and cool/quite. It takes up 5x PCI with a fan on. That is all the slots in the case so would leave the fan stuck hard against the bottom of the case.
Another option is put the 8800GTX in the lower PCI-E slot and flip the HR05 so its on top of the card, but I don't think I'd get the fan in between the TRUE120 and the 8800GTX.

So that leaves me with 1 solution. HR05+ without the fan... Think the intake fans will move enough air over it to keep it cool? :eek:

Otherwise its a case of splashing out another £150 and getting a HD5830 a few months before the HD6 Series suppostedly comes out...

Ideas (apart from not getting the case)?

Back
Top Bottom