INTRODUCING THE NEW OCUK PREMIUM QUANTUM SFF RANGE

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
just about to start building another Shadow.

really am loving these SFF builds at the moment.
someone buy a Cobalt so I can build you a pretty computer :D

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
you dont need it really

as Nath said, it does get far too hot for us to even consider offering a warranty for such a configuration.

as you can see from the youtube videos in the thread, the current setup of the quantum shadow manages battlefield [and most other games for that matter] at above average settigns perfectly well

Associate
Just built my q08 (i got the silver version). I managed to fit a corsair h50 with one fan in by using the small form factor silverstone 450w power supply, i think that if you used slim 12cm fans yu could have 2 fans in the push/pull config.

I will try and post sum pics over the weeknd once ive worked out how to make cables look less messy.

Soldato
So what temps are you getting on the shockwave, if your using the Gene how are you cooling the NB?

Have you thought about offering the x6 chips in these configurations not only will it be cheaper but you have more headroom with the cooling.

Associate
Here are some pics, pretty impossible to tidy the cables as there is knowhere to route them.

picture.php

picture.php

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
there are some small mounting holes in the bottom of the case . i use longer screws and an anti vibration pad :)

Associate
I have a question about the Quantum Shadow, at a later stage will it be possible to upgrade the graphics card, or is the 5670 choice of card the only realistic choice ?.

Associate
Being new to modding and especially SFF, I don't suppose something like a VGA cooler like the Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo Pro would fit in the case with the lack of space.
If so maybe something like the Club3D 5770 could be a possibility.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom