Breakdown Cover for bike and car

Associate
AA, covers the person, not the vehicle, you could be driving a borrowed car or riding a borrowed bike for all they care, they're looking after you!

check out quidco for cashback deals too, i'm sure there were some on there last time i looked.

Soldato
I read somewhere on another forum that these are breakdown covers and not recovery covers in case of an accident on motorbike. The ones that cover breakdown and recovery cost more apparently. Check before you buy :)

Associate
My bank covers anything I'm driving / riding or am passenger in

It wouldn't be with Natwest would it?

Did you read the small print? :D

They only do it if its 10 m from home. Otherwise its up to you to negotiate with the driver regarding the price.

Therefore I took out AA which covers my 5 bikes, cars and 500gbp warranty cover for 3 bikes per year.

Tea Drinker
Don
It wouldn't be with Natwest would it?

Did you read the small print? :D

They only do it if its 10 m from home. Otherwise its up to you to negotiate with the driver regarding the price.

Therefore I took out AA which covers my 5 bikes, cars and 500gbp warranty cover for 3 bikes per year.

Nope Halifax Ultimate Reward, for £12 a month I get phone insurance / AA breakdown cover / holiday insurance and a multitude of other stuff I don't use

Associate
RAC say they'll try to reach you within 40 minutes, but I haven't had to put that to the test yet
pray.gif

Associate
I'm with AA for me and not the car/bike, so it covers anybodies vehicle, and also gets us home from wherever. Came in handy when my friend's car broke down at Snowdon after we'd completed the 3 peaks and needed to get back to Reading.

The service was awful though and it took 11 hours and a few billion phonecalls.
When I had an off on't bike though they were super, and when the clutch pedal shattered in the vrs they were also pretty good.

Associate
I've got a policy with Boncaster that covers me for any vehicle, £35 a year. Decent service as well, the only callout I've needed they were there within an hour.

Associate
I use to have seperate policys for the cars and bikes ( car was covered under manufacurer scheme thou so didnt pay for it) now I'm with just the AA for both me and the lady friend(joint policy)

havent had to call them out in a while , last time was 10 years ago and they were there in a hour or so, sounds like it might have change thou now.

bullit

Back
Top Bottom