comp just turns off

Associate
hi guys
got a pb pcworld comp that has been running fine for the last 2 years
however over the last couple of days it just randomly turns off if i try to turn the on button nothing happens however if i unplug the lead that goes to the power supply and reconnect it turns back on do u guys reckon it could be psu related or maybe the lead ?
cheers for any advice

Associate
OP
i have a 480w power supply, initially when i purchased the machine it came with a 260w power supply have not added anything machine is stock but i might try and get another lead that goes into power supply tom and see if that helps, could it be power supply ?

Soldato
Sounds like a cheap generic psu then. It might not be the problem of course but using cheap components in a PC is asking for trouble really.

Considering the PSU that you have I would recommend a new quality PSU to be installed. Corsair, OCZ, basically anything that OCUK sells.

Do you overclock?

What is your system? CPU, mobo, ram, graphics etc?

Soldato
Can't find anything on Google about axxo psus, apart from this thread anyway. All other searches seem to come up with a guy who does DVD rips.

Was going to add about checking the power lead but must have deleted it out.

I bought a PC from that retailer once and took out extended cover (was my first PC) and when it did actually break down their supposed 24 hr call and repair service magically turned into a 5 day wait. Fixed it myself in the end. They are still useful I suppose if you get the upgrade itch and simply cannot wait for next day delivery.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom