'Psychic' octopus predicts Germany victory over England

Associate
From TheLocal.de:

'The Spanish government on Thursday expressed concern for the future well-being of Paul, expressing concern the Germans may take some kind of 'revenge' for their exit on the mollusc medium.

"I am concerned for the octopus ... I am thinking of sending him a protective team," joked Prime Minister Jose Luiz Rodriguez Zapatero on Radio Cadena Ser.

Environment and Fisheries Minister Elena Espinosa suggested there be a moratorium on going after Paul: "On Monday, I shall be at the European Council of Ministers and I shall be asking for a (fishing) ban on Paul the octopus so the Germans do not eat him!"

Such sentiments were echoed by the Spanish Industry Minister Miguel Sebastian, who even called for the creature to be given an "immediate" free transfer to Spain to "ensure his protection."'

Lol!

Caporegime
Well i promised myself i wouldnt bet anymore but i just stuck £200 on Spain to win the WC final on betfair...odds were 2.18 so if Spain wins ill get £236 back....not too bad really those odds...

Hopefully will make the game a bit more exciting as it matters more when theres money on it:p:D

See if this octopus will get it 6 time lucky...

Associate
Well i promised myself i wouldnt bet anymore but i just stuck £200 on Spain to win the WC final on betfair...odds were 2.18 so if Spain wins ill get £236 back....not too bad really those odds...

Hopefully will make the game a bit more exciting as it matters more when theres money on it:p:D

Wait so are the Dutch favourites? Otherwise that bet must be to win in normal time?

Soldato

I'm not a betting man but why bet £200 in attempt to only make £36 profit?

Soldato
:confused:...read my post again;)...its not £36 profit...its £236 profit that i make...so if Spain win then i get £236 plus my original stake of £200 back.

Also I'm guessing the 2.18 was for the full time result. No way you'd get greater than even odds for Spain to win the final since they are the favourites.

edit:

Taking a look on betfair, that is the case. 2.18 on spain to win in 90 minutes, 3.8 for the dutch and 3.5 for the draw.

Caporegime
Also I'm guessing the 2.18 was for the full time result. No way you'd get greater than even odds for Spain to win the final since they are the favourites.

Yep full time ie 90mins.

The market for them to win regardless ie either through ET or penalties is much lower, the odds that is....no point in me betting on those as its not worth it unless your backing Holland...which im not...last time i checked this morning the odds were 1.6 for Spain to win whether its in ET or penalties.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
watched him pick his winners live on sky this morning

what is the world coming to when a "psychic" octopus gets some much time screen time on a serious news channel :(

btw i think he is wrong and holland will win :D

Man of Honour
pauloctopus.jpg

You've got it wrong this time mate. I love grilled octopus. :D

Back
Top Bottom