** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Agreed Tom. His first season he was very impressive, I wasn't really expecting anything of him as it usually takes players we sign at least a year to properly settle in. The whole situation is very stale at the minute and with rumours of a fallout in January there, I wouldn't be surprised if he had moved on this summer, I think his injury ruled that option out. I do wonder if an element of these players lack of development was down to Ronaldo taking center stage. Rooney's development slowed down and Ferguson even admitted this at the beginning of last season. If Rooney's development slowed down, it does make you wonder how the smaller players were affected too.

Soldato
Taking nothing away from Davids (who at one point was one of the best midfielders in the world) no he didn't, 37 goals in 460 appearances for Club and Country says he wasn't a goal scorer and although I dont have the stats he wasn't a creative player either

He was a bulldog in midfield, a great tackler but that's about it

Permabanned
Davids could and would run all day, as well as being very tenacious in the tackle, he certainly wasn't a play maker but he could run with the ball and was clever off the ball too.

If Sandro turns out almost as good as Davids I'll be delighted.

Soldato
and he's been made a makeshift defensive midfielder as it's an area we've been sorely lacking in midfield since Keane left.

+1

totally agree with that, and its the same with Carrick as well. He was always a more attacking player, but he is played 9/10 in the defensive / protector role which he isnt great at , in comparison anyway.

Soldato
Well:
Drogba to man city for 20m :/....Yes hes a good player but 20m for a 32yr old dont seem right to me.
Robinho+15m for Ibrahimovic.....Can be the best player in the world If he wants...Dont really want him tbh as the formation i reckon is our strongest wont fit him but if Mancini is confident he can keep on top form and happiness at all times then im sure we can make room :p, I would rather have Dzeko though.
Or forget about a new striker and sign a LEFT BACK!...Being linked with Kolarov but they want 18.7m apparently :/

Man of Honour
To be honest , at this point I am not hugely fussed if Gerrard goes or not. If he doesnt then fair enough, if he does then its probably our last chance to get a good sum of dosh for him so fair enough.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Whoops...sorry, my post was about Gerrard leaving. Seems the thread it was in has been merged with this one :D

(though I imagine the same does indeed apply to Drogba)

Soldato

I dont get wound up or get my "knickers in a twist" over things, I see the point of the club, the aims of the club are to win every competition its in, same as chelsea, liverpool and Arsenal, the margins for error are extremely small, you cannot go into the season with one competitive midfielder, and by that I mean one physically and mentally competitive as in comparable to his peers in the other top clubs.
Its a situation that has been allowed to develop through no other reasons than bloodymindedness on Fergusons part, same as the strike options, we had Tevez, he wanted to stay they forced his hand by signing Berbatov and freezing him out of the side, and so it goes on.
I dont get worked up over it, I hold an opinion and voice it.

You dont agree with it, thats fine, you shouldnt allow your opinions on people to be formed by what they say about football.
I happen to have several black friends as it happens ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom