split second Vs Blur ?

Associate
I have a 360 and I have not had a racing game in a long while, after playing NFS pro street I was so disapointed they were trying to make them too realistic eg. correct speed, follow lines, slight nudge and u crash horribly.
not that I couldn't play them just seemed to reduce the fun!
so other day I got split second demo was fun, unfortunately no Blur demo though.

anyone own both or played both as they appear to be what am looking for! like NFS 2/carbon/most wanted. but I like a lot of people online (too beat :) ) so figured would need a more recent game.

I know a new nfs is coming out so be intresting to see but I've yet to see a trailer of that yet.

cheers!

Caporegime
Prefer Blur myself. In order to compete successfully at Split/Second, you have to do the entire single player campaign first to get a car worthy. Otherwise you will just be outraced and left behind with no opportunity to use your power-up doodahs.

Plus in Blur, you have umpteen multiplayer challenges to attempt which get you hooked.

Associate
Played the PS3 version of both Split/Second and Blur. Blur felt like it was lacking something, although I couldn't put my finger on it. The SP side was very easy, but the challenges set to unlock rivals were boring as hell. The MP side is just chaos, lag is a big problem with players warping round the screen and getting shunted off course without anything hitting you. If you can get into 1st by half way round the first lap, then you've won.

Split/Second was much more polished with some fantastic races and route changes causing absolute carnage but the difficulty ramps up very quickly. You have 12 episodes to complete and different races per episode to pick from. After Episode 5 they start throwing very complicated tracks and cheese tactics AI at you. MP wise ic1male hit the nail on the head, try and do MP without completing SP and you'll lose every race. Wrecking people online is nearly impossible so it boils down to your car and skills (mostly the car though).

Associate
+1 for Splitsecond, I set up a lan game with 5 of my mates after a few ciders, was the funniest session we've ever had, was so satisfying to land a dam on Nathan's head and hear him scream like a girl from upstairs =)

Caporegime
This is the reason why I haven't bought Blur or SplitSecond, I just know it will end with me swearing loudly or a broken controller.

I just don't like racing games that are based on luck.

It's not 'based' on luck. Theres's a luck element to it but so long as you have a powerup, you can use it defensively.

There is an element of skill else there wouldn't be any consistency in the end of race results, and I can tell you, there is.

Caporegime
NECROPOST.

Got Split/Second from Lovefilm. Played the first season so far. The handling seems quite stiff and it doesn't give much feedback so it can be hard to feel when you're about to lose grip or fall out of a drift. Hot Pursuit is miles better on that front.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
For an arcade racer I would get something like Grid or one of the dirt series. Dirt Showdown looks a lot of fun. I thought split Second was poor and Blur was mediocre.

Back
Top Bottom