Tomtom on iPhone

Soldato
Hey all,

Quick question about the Tomtom app for the iPhone...

You can get UK & Ireland for £54.99 - however, I see you can then get "Western Europe", which includes UK & Ireland for £59.99...

Am I missing something or are they actually offering Western Europe for just an extra £5?

Also, if I buy multiple places - am I right In thinking they will be in seperate apps?

Thanks,

Marky

Associate
You are correct. They are offering the western europe for the extra £5. And yes, if you buy more places, they will be seperate apps.

Commissario
They're both the same price now, £42.99

I returned my Garmin standalone unit last week for a refund, it was a top of the range unit at £279 and had a pretty major flaw so now the cash has gone back into my account I've bought the Western Europe TomTom at the above price, I've got a ProClip mount on on order and will probably get the official TomTom cradle as well. Add to that the in-app purchase of the traffic updates (which has also just gone down) and I get a good package for less than the Garmin.

At 1.86Gb it's a big app though.

Soldato
so just to check western europe includes UK ?

Can I just rename the IPA to zip, remove the europe maps and then just use UK. Then it'#s nice to have the option for europe maps when I do go abroad.

Soldato
OP
Anyone clue me in in why there is a UK/Ireland & a Western Europe version at the same price - What's the point in just getting the UK/Ireland version when you can get the rest of the West side of Europe included in the other version =\

Sucks that it is quite a big file - I have literally around 50MB left on my 16GB iPhone :p Think I may sell my iPhone 4 and get the White 32GB version when it is out :)

Commissario
Size. If you're never going to need the countries outside the UK, why use up 1.86Gb of space on the device as opposed to a few hundred Mb.

That's the only reason I can think of anyway.

Soldato
OP
Size. If you're never going to need the countries outside the UK, why use up 1.86Gb of space on the device as opposed to a few hundred Mb.

That's the only reason I can think of anyway.

I suppose you're right!
Western Europe = 1.9GB
UK/Ireland = 350MB

Quite a lot of difference :p

Back
Top Bottom