Just found this in the garage

Associate
p1010304h.jpg

Well chuffed, it's my Dad's old camera. Was covered in a thick layer of dust, but I got it all cleaned up.

Anyone know which model the body is? There doesn't seem to be any indication of it anywhere at all!

And I love the lens! :D:rolleyes:

Soldato
Check the lens elements for fungus! (internal ones especially), my dad had a old film SLR of the same era that was kept in the loft for years and the lenses were pretty much worthless due to fungus.

I hope it's clear as a 50 1.2 will be really nice to have :)

Associate
OP
Nikon F2

Edit:

50mm 1.2 AIS too?

Aha, you're correct... Found it... Right on top of the camera... Aha :rolleyes:

Check the lens elements for fungus! (internal ones especially), my dad had a old film SLR of the same era that was kept in the loft for years and the lenses were pretty much worthless due to fungus.

I hope it's clear as a 50 1.2 will be really nice to have :)

Unfortunately, it does have a small amount of fungus... I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to old cameras like this, so don't know anything really about fungus.

However, I can see a little bit growing around the edge of the outer lens, and theres a very small amount in the middle of one of the inner lenses.

I'm not really worried about value, but how much does this affect performance? Is it very noticeable in photos?

Soldato
I'm not really worried about value, but how much does this affect performance? Is it very noticeable in photos?

One of my old lenses (28 - 105 mm) has a touch of fungus on the front internal element and the image I've used for this months comp was taken with it, it appears to be ok but I'm always double checking shots I've taken to see if there are areas of softness etc to where the fungus is on the lens.

dl.aspx

EDIT :

Image added

Last edited:
Soldato
sorry to hijack the thread but my father in law is trying to get rid of this lot.

what do you professionals thing of the kit ?
2010_06150006.jpg

FIRST UP IS THE CAMERA BODY WHICH IS A KONICA SLR AUTOREFLEX A3 WITH 50MM F1.7 KONICA HEXANON LENS IT IS IN USED BUT GOOD CONDITION WITH INSTRUCTION MANUAL INCLUDED.

NEXT IS A KONICA HEXANON 135MM F3.5 LENS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION COMPLETE WITH CASE

NEXT IS A MITAKON MC KONICA FIT 28-80MM F3.5/4.5 CLOSE FOCUS LENS WHICH IS HAS NO MARKS ON THE LENS BUT THE BODY HAS A FEW MARKS.

VIVITAR MACRO FOCUSSING 70-210MM F 4.5 ZOOM,DIAPHRAM IS STUCK AND SOME SLIGHT FUNGUS INSIDE THE LENS.

TELEPLUS MC4 2X CONVERTER IN GOOD CONDITION.

FILTERS

55MM POLARIZING-SKYLIGHT A1

2X YELLOW

4X ORANGE

62MM POLARIZING WIDE ANGLE LENS HOOD

sorry about the caps but copied it from his e-mail to me.

Associate
The fungus may reduce sharpness, contrast and the out of focus highlights may have shapes from the fungus in them. You will have to take a photo to see how much of an affect it has on the photo.

To halt the growth of the fungus you can put it into a tupperware box with some silica gel, with the caps off so that light can get to it.

Associate
Edit: rob can I ask how you're finding the 17-50 as your main lens? :)

2.5 years in and it's still my main lens. Small, light, sharp, fast and cheap.

I don't use a bag with any padding so it gets bashed around a lot. The plastic at the front (which the hood attaches to) is a bit loose but it's not connected to the glass so there's no IQ effect. I also tend to land the camera+lens head down onto the front element with the lens cap on. Over time this seems to have ground a light ring on one of the internal elements but I haven't noticed anything IQ wise. ...but then again I'm no pixel peeper.

I've no intention to change it. My only worry is breaking it and not being able to find a Nikon version without AF as the D300 internal AF motor is fast and reasonably quiet unlike the 'AF-S' version of the lens which is nasty (sorry Canon users).

Back
Top Bottom