EVGA CLASSIFIED SR-2

Permabanned
Anyone know, if used with a pair of xeon 5000 series, it will let you overclock them (both cpu's) or are you stuck with the standard speeds ?

Associate
twoblacklines - if by 5000 series you mean 5500 or 5600 then yes. The key thing with the SR-2 is having decent components that compliment each other and getting the memory dividers and BCLK's right. The link provided shows top end kit, but you could use say 1600 memory rather than 2000.

I have been searching around forums trying to find which air coolers will fit as I already have everything except the air coolers, seeing the link confirmed that OCUK are confident on the TRUE's which is good.

Oh and yes my board is imported. I have had it a while, but getting the Xeons was much harder. Hope this helps.

PS - If you do go with this board, then you might want to start reading up on the BIOS profiles that Shamino (Peter) has provided over at the evga forums. Lastly, this is the most damned expensive setup I have ever built. Of course you could do for E5620's for 16 threads and 32nm fabrication CPU.

Regards,
Colin

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
the whole point of the sr2 is to overclcok dual socket

you do need to remember that the chipset is a server based chipset

this means that it overclocks very differently to normal x58 boards

Associate
rjkoneill - slightly off topic, but do you know if I could use Pro-Armageddons on this board. I need to buy 2x high end air coolers, but I struggle with finding the right ones. Oh and yes I also have Corsair GT's. WC will come later. Thanks. Colin.

Associate
rjkoneill, thanks for the link, I have also spoken to the owner of this system, WOW, awesome. Back to HS question. I dont think Mega's will work as the Length is 144m where as the Mega's are 130mm, looking at the build log pics, those mega's dont look like they have 22mm between them. I know the Armageddons are slimmer, but probably not enough.

So I just guess I will have to settle for Mega's, either via pm or something, but any idea on the temps you're getting on the OC. I am looking at 4.0 OC with my X5650's but I need to work out the bios to get close to that.

TIA, Colin.

Back
Top Bottom