Good in-ear headphones?

Associate
I'm looking to get some mainly for car journeys or anywhere with noise!

I've found these and like the look but are any of them worth getting?

-Sennheiser CX500 - £12.99
-Skullcandy 2010 Earbuds / Headphones INK'D SC - £14.99
-Ultimate Ears MetroFi 220 Noise Isolating Headphones -.£17.99

So, what shall I get?

Thanks for any help!

Soldato
You can get Klipsch Image X1 for around £18 from a well known site and they are amongst the best for that price range i've heard.(they used to be about £40 at one time.)

Soldato
I used those Sennheiser's in the past, they went in the washing machine so I had to get a replacement, bought the skullcandy's instead. They look better but the Sennheiser had superior sound although not by much.

I never used the MetroFi ones but I'd get the Sennheisers out of those 3.

Associate
I'm looking to get some mainly for car journeys or anywhere with noise!

I've found these and like the look but are any of them worth getting?

-Sennheiser CX500 - £12.99
-Skullcandy 2010 Earbuds / Headphones INK'D SC - £14.99
-Ultimate Ears MetroFi 220 Noise Isolating Headphones -.£17.99

So, what shall I get?

Thanks for any help!

Out of those three either the Ultimate Ears or the Senns, do not get the Skullcandy headphones - quite a few of my girlfriends friends have Skullcandy's and they are pants! Poor build quality (although you can't expect bomb proof headphones for sub £20) and the SQ is horrible, waaaaaaaay too much overpowering bass (and I love bass; own IE8's and FS Atrio M's).

As mentioned, the Klipsch Image X1/S2's are pretty good for under £20. Other than those you can pick up some SoundMAGIC PL11's or PL21's for under £25 usually :)

If it was my money I'd get the Ultimate Ears, a friend has the 220vi's and for the price they are very good; much more natural sounding than the Sennheisers. If you like bass (controlled bass) then get the Senns.

Associate
OP
Yer I really like the look of those and have found they do the 170vi version for £11.99.

I may go for these as i won't be using them loads.

Thanks for all your help!

Soldato
Im looking to get some CX300 II's or CX500's... OcUK don't sell them but they do sell headsets, are you aloud to tell me where you found them so cheap?

Back
Top Bottom