Windows Moblie 7 in depth preview

Soldato
It looks nice, but its late to the party with a few features missing. I hope this thing gets plenty of developers going for it. I guess time will tell.

Soldato
Microsoft were given the mobile smartphone industry to them on a plate. They screwed it up big time with their useless Winmo o/s. They have an awful lot of ground to cover if they want to start competing again.
Doesn't look that appealing to me.

Soldato
I like it. Very different to iOS which is good to see because they need to significantly differentiate the platform if they want it to be successful. Visually it's basic by design, but still better than default Android.

Lack of multitasking and copy and paste could kill it though.

Caporegime
i think it looks like a barrel of ming.

the ui looks pretty horrid, especially compared to the bits htc did with its sense on the hd2

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Why??...who is better at desktop OS's then??

Are you really asking that question? Or do you seriously believe Windows is the best desktop OS?

How about OSX and the various flavours Linux distros? Hell, I even boot into AmigaOS4 to do my web browsing. My Windows PC only gets booted up for gaming.

Remember - selling lots of an item does not make it the best, else the Mondeo would be the best car in the UK! *Actually that's a poor anology as the Mondeo is quite good but you get my point.

Soldato
TBH the UI looks very 90s I'm a little disappointed by the looks and extremely disappointed with the lack of multitasking.

Are you really asking that question? Or do you seriously believe Windows is the best desktop OS?

How about OSX and the various flavours Linux distros? Hell, I even boot into AmigaOS4 to do my web browsing. My Windows PC only gets booted up for gaming.

Remember - selling lots of an item does not make it the best, else the Mondeo would be the best car in the UK! *Actually that's a poor anology as the Mondeo is quite good but you get my point.
Lmao I was going to actually discuss this with you but you've obviously lost your mind. Either way, Windows 7 is the best choice for home users, there's really no argument.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Lmao I was going to actually discuss this with you but you've obviously lost your mind. Either way, Windows 7 is the best choice for home users, there's really no argument.

Indeed, and compared to Vista I think Windows 7 is a damn good OS despite what some people might say.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Depends on what you define as "home user" really. the the previous staement said it was "the best desktop OS" which is what I was disputing, not the "best OS for home users" which is what you have stated (although I'd still disagree with that as well).

For the record, I think Win 7 is a very good OS and is what I have installed on my home
x86 machines. I wouldn't call it the best desktop OS though.

To get back on topic - I'm a little underwhelmed by WinMob 7 - I've been using WinMob since the HTC Tornado (then the HTX TyTn II then HTC TouchHD) and whilst the devices were nice they were severly let down by the undelrying OS. I've since made the jump to the HTC Desire and the Android platform and couldn't be happier - i cannot see anything in WinMob 7 that makes me regret that decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
Did anyone actually watch the video? The interface is very responsive. I've never used windows mobile before but it looks like a worthy competitor

Back
Top Bottom