Acrylic window cleaner

Soldato
Hi guys

I just received side panel for my case. I noticed it had some scratches and dust was building up. So I applied tooth paste method to a section of the window and then wiped it off with a dry cloth (so stupid of me). Next thing you know that section became cloudy with more scratches. Then I used soap water and cleared it with dry towel but it still didn't go away :(. I am wondering if a good acrylic window cleaner can get rid of this problem and if so, could you please spec me a good acrylic window cleaner. many thanks.

Edit: By the way it is Storm sniper window panel.

Last edited:
Associate
As you've found out toothpaste is abrasive, so the cloudy effect is lots a little scratches that have been introduced.

Interestingly, I've just treated the plastic headlights on my car with a headlight cleaner kit and it cured the foggy headlight issue I had. The same kit (bought off the bay) may cure your issue too.

Soldato
OP
As you've found out toothpaste is abrasive, so the cloudy effect is lots a little scratches that have been introduced.

Interestingly, I've just treated the plastic headlights on my car with a headlight cleaner kit and it cured the foggy headlight issue I had. The same kit (bought off the bay) may cure your issue too.

What is the name of the cleaner kit you bought?

Soldato
OP
I have messed up my window with tooth paste and then liquid brasso metal polish all in the effort of trying to remove some scratches. :(. Apparently they have left haze/cloudiness all over my window. It has become dull and really unaesthetic. I have tried vinegar mixed with water and some washing liquid as suggested on internet aswell but no success.

Lesson learnt: Never use toothpaste or brasso on acrylic as they are abrasive and will leave haze/cloudiness on your window which can't be removed with soap water, clear water or vinegar solution. Some people have even suggested using bleach on the internet but I think it will just mess it up any further.

Will these car window kit get rid of haze on my window? I am beginning to have doubts about suggested solutions. I wonder if OCUK can sell me just the storm sniper acrylic window so I can place it straight on the panel.:(

Last edited:
Associate
I reckon the bottle of plastic polish from Ebay is worth a punt as its only £6.50, however if you can source a replacement panel for not much more then thats the obvious route.

Soldato
OP
I reckon the bottle of plastic polish from Ebay is worth a punt as its only £6.50, however if you can source a replacement panel for not much more then thats the obvious route.

I have emailed the seller about this product use on my window. This bottle is probably my last try before I try to get hold of a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom