Keyboard Recommendations?

Soldato
Just managed to snap a key off my Enermax Aurora last night and crack another one in the process. I loved the keyboard due to the weight of it and liked the travel & feel of the keys so Im wondering what I could replace it with. I dont want anything with a tacky look or big lcd screens buttons etc etc, I guess an illuminated keyboard would be a nice touch aswell as a usb port in the front

Just wondering what people would recommend, budget around £50 max ideally less the better but would be willing to spend a little more if something really nice caught my eye

:D

Associate
I've got a Logitech G15 (the original blue one) and its been very good. I believe the new style ones are good too, although looks like they're currently out of stock here.

Soldato
OP

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Speedlink Ultra is my choice when it comes to a KB. Advent make them under license as well so they are fairly cheap, Around 20 quid.
Ally KB that doesn't move & it has laptop style keys so your fingers don't get stuck when thrashing about playing FPS. Hard wearing as well, My last one lasted 18 months or so & i replaced it with the same & will until I cannot get them any more.

Soldato
G 15
Razer Arctosa
G 15
Roccat
Merc Stealthseries

I think the last one is probably the best, although, it comes to your personal taste aswel, for example, most people will argue that the G 15 is the best but I think it looks fugly :D

Soldato
OP
A proper keyboard, that's what.

If you do not like the click of the blue cherries you can also get the Filco with brown or black cherries and I think the Das is also available with brown cherries. They are all mechanical MX switches.

Rgds
Binty

Sorry ive just never heard of them, will have a look but not really wanting to spend £100+ tbh

Associate
Sorry ive just never heard of them, will have a look but not really wanting to spend £100+ tbh

It's surprising how many people have not heard of them yet they are possibly the best keyboards available. The other top end keyboard is the Topre RealForce, again, not that many people have heard of them but they are very expensive.

Rgds
Binty

Associate
I have a G11, not a bad KB, has gone up in price though, now the MS X4 is close to it, don't know much about it though.

Mechanical keyboards are out of the budget really, but I would spend more than £35 on anything with rubber domes.

Permabanned
It's surprising how many people have not heard of them yet they are possibly the best keyboards available. The other top end keyboard is the Topre RealForce, again, not that many people have heard of them but they are very expensive.

Rgds
Binty

Because for the most part, unless it's got LEDs and an LCD display with a ****ton of useless media keys, Joe Public can't see the point in paying £100+ for what looks like a bog standard keyboard. I mean, it's amazing to me that people will spend a grand or more on a high end gaming system and then use a generic rubber domed keyboard.

More fool them however. Once you go mechanical switch, you never go back. Mechanical master race! o/

Soldato
OP
Because for the most part, unless it's got LEDs and an LCD display with a ****ton of useless media keys, Joe Public can't see the point in paying £100+ for what looks like a bog standard keyboard. I mean, it's amazing to me that people will spend a grand or more on a high end gaming system and then use a generic rubber domed keyboard.

More fool them however. Once you go mechanical switch, you never go back. Mechanical master race! o/

not that my aurora was mechanical of course but hence my original post I dont want one with tons of useless media keys or lcd etc etc, as there crap as you say i had a G15 and I thought it was tacky as hell, the enermax aurora i had has lasted me a good few years which is about 10x more than any other pc part ever has :) Ive seen that enermax have a new keyboard out similar to the aurora but not found it anywhere maybe its too new :)

Permabanned
If you buy a Filco, it'll probably last you for ten years or so provided you treat it right. It'll be the last keyboard you ever buy. Unless you catch the mechanical keyboard bug and start buying just to try new layouts and switches.

I bought my first Filco a couple months ago with having never typed on one. Now, I wouldn't use any other type of keyboard. And I'm already on the hunt for manufacturers selling mechs with different switches, such as reds, clears and greens, just to try them.

Back
Top Bottom