HELP - I need advice!

Soldato
I sold my iPhone 3GS in auction for £375 + £7~ postage. I agreed that for a immediate buy it now he could be upgraded to next day special delivery. £20~

The whole process was fine until he complained that his three sim worked but the libyan sim did not. Now the iPhone is unlocked and was sold as such so it should work. I gave called apple about this and they confirm it should work.

Over the weeks he would email me and I would then reply within an hour or two an then it would take him few days to reply.

It's been over a month since last contact and he has decided he wants a refund after 1 month of having the phone.

If I accept this I will loose put big time. The phone was sold to buy the new one so I don't have the money anymore. The shipping will have to be refunded and I paid extra too. He will also have to send it back and potentially at my cost from libya.

Now I offered no returns and if he had said inside of a week or two I wouldn't have been so averse but it's been 2 months nearly and I don't see it as my problem any more.

However I am worried paypal will take my money if he raises a ticket and I wont get the phone either.

What should I do?

Last edited:
Commissario
Check the terms within Paypal, there is a time limit on claims and if it's been two months you might be outside the limit already. If it's close to the limit then you should try and stall him unti it passes. It's crazy to ask for a refund after this time.

Soldato
OP
sorry got it confused in my head its 1 month not 2, eBay has buyer protection for goods that don't match the description within 45 days, still feeling a big no coming his way, I just feel its not my fault he bought it and it doesn't work.

Soldato
The way I see it there is no possible way you could have known whether or not a Libyan SIM would work in the iPhone. That was down to him to find out. He has apparently been happy with it for over a month and only now complaining? I would contact eBay and speak to someone/ask for advice.

Back
Top Bottom