Codemasters F1 2010 X360/PS3 (contains important question about 2011 game!!!)

Associate
Oh man, I am so excited about this game. It looks awesome, I haven't played a decent F1 game since the N64 days and there has been a gaping hole in my collection ever since.

Will there be any team/driver management game modes? Something akin to the manager mode in FIFA 10? Career sounds exciting enough but I'd love an F1 management game too.

Soldato
Can we have a mini game were you have to battle off your corrupt team in an attempt to stop them stealing parts off your car to give to your vastly overrated team mate?

Soldato
OP
News of no demo coming is a bit of a shame. Codies usually had demos of their games as well.

Not long to go to release, so seems their priority is get to work on the full game.

Associate
Some new videos from E3

:eek: Fantastic, great to see someone who can actually drive on these vids, and awesome to see some clips of the cars going through Eau Rouge. It definately looks like the steering controls are not as twitchy as I had feared from some of the earlier vids, I'd love to know if they were using a Pad or Wheel though. These vids have really made up my mind, definately getting this for the 360 and PC now. Thanks for posting them :)

Is it just me who finds the chaps voice on the video's a bit strange. Is that a North East twang I can hear ? Just sounded a bit surreal, like everytime I hear Rob Smedley speak on the radio to Massa, made me chuckle anyway.

Associate
Is it just me who finds the chaps voice on the video's a bit strange. Is that a North East twang I can hear ? Just sounded a bit surreal, like everytime I hear Rob Smedley speak on the radio to Massa, made me chuckle anyway.

Sounded like that voice guy from Big Bother.
Hope you can turn it off, or choose a different voice.

Soldato
When is the release date for this ?

24th September last I heard.

Good looking vids there, looks like it drives a lot better now. I agree with the race engineer comments, quite amusing, I think it must be partly to do with Rob Smedley and his amusing messages. I see what you're saying about the BB chap though! Imagine this in his voice:

'Lap 8. Jenson Button is still in fourth place.'

Soldato
if this is any where near as fun as the old F1 ps1 days, il be getting it, the AI drivers did look a bit twitchy tho which is putting me off slightly.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
24th September last I heard.

Good looking vids there, looks like it drives a lot better now. I agree with the race engineer comments, quite amusing, I think it must be partly to do with Rob Smedley and his amusing messages. I see what you're saying about the BB chap though! Imagine this in his voice:

'Lap 8. Jenson Button is still in fourth place.'

Cheers :)

Soldato
I'm still really looking forward to this, it's the only game I have pre-ordered this year. The vids look good but I'm assuming that we can turn off the engineers help audio, don't really want to be told to get in his slipstream on the straight. Also, the tyre squeal didn't sound too good on the corners. It would also be really good to have a slightly more realistic cockpit view - head wobble and being able to look into the corner for example. Still looking very good though :).

Soldato
I'm really looking forward to this, but the more I see the more I'm beginning to think Codemasters are going to drop the ball.

Only 22 cars in the previews? Simple things like there's no animation for changing gears? There's no formation/parade lap? No safety car? No official F1 graphics and HUD?

I absolutely adore F1 CE and I so badly want F1 2010 to be a superb game, but the gripes I have are mounting up :(

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

"for sure" this is a purchase

I'm really looking forward to this, but the more I see the more I'm beginning to think Codemasters are going to drop the ball.

Only 22 cars in the previews? Simple things like there's no animation for changing gears? There's no formation/parade lap? No safety car? No official F1 graphics and HUD?

I absolutely adore F1 CE and I so badly want F1 2010 to be a superb game, but the gripes I have are mounting up :(

Safety car is coming in 2011 I think. Formation lap is also something they're considering adding IIRC.

Disappointed if there are no official HUDs :(

Soldato
Pretty sure they said the HUDs weren't official for a particular reason, it's not like it would have been hard for them to recreate.

Doubt it's Codies fault, more like an issue related to FOM.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounded like that voice guy from Big Bother.
Hope you can turn it off, or choose a different voice.

The voice sounded a little too staged really to me, as obviously the race radio in reality is a little distorted and cuts off a bit, where as this was a bit too perfectly pronounced for my liking.

Different voices on the radio for different teams?

Also, don't know if this has already been asked already, but will there be any kind of commentary? I used to love the Murray Walker & Martin Brundle commentary on the old Playstation F1 Games, though I suppose it's possibly not quite such a realistic experience if you are the driver but can here TV commentary.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Pretty sure they said the HUDs weren't official for a particular reason, it's not like it would have been hard for them to recreate.

Doubt it's Codies fault, more like an issue related to FOM.

I get that, but if they've had in depth data and input from all the teams and FOM, then it's a bit odd how they've left it out :p

Back
Top Bottom