Desktop Widgets

Associate
Hey guys,

I have just set up a 3rd monitor solely to use for widgets and information.

I currently only have CD Art Display set up on it so far.

What are the best widget applications out there and what widgets or gadgets do you guys reccomend for:

- Space Used/Remaing on each drive
- Current CPU temps
- E-Mail notifications - If possible being got throguh the use of thunderbird
- Date and time
- Latest appointments via google calendar

Any others you may like to reccomend would be helpful.

Thanks

Neil

Associate
OP
I have just installed Rainmeter and have been having a mess around with it.

I'm just a bit confused and could do with you guys clearing things up a bit for me

I don;t quite understand how it works.

Are there standard modules such as clock, calendar, drives, recycle bin, which you can change the theme of or do you download modules that you like in whatever theme they are provided in?

Also, can someone just explain the meanings of all the terms in use, such as: configs, skin, theme, module

Also, It is nearly highly unusable on my system. It is running VERRY slow and is nearly impossible to use. It also keeps crashing. My specs are:

Windows 7 Pro 64bit - Up to date
Q6600 2.4Ghz
4Gb Ram

All help would be appreciated.

I see that a good many people use rainmeter so it must be good but it hasn't hooked me just yet.

I hope my my current opinion of it can be changed by you guys if you just explain the main parts to me.

Thanks

Neil

Associate
Rainmeter is really good but when I was using it the desktop hide button on Win 7 removed the widgets which irritated me.

Soldato
I've tried using HUD Time today as it's EXACTLY what I'm looking for from a desktop time gadget but it doesn't seem to work :confused::confused:

Running Win7 x64, it installs fine but doesn't run (Or at least I can't see it), but the desktop gadget widget thinks it is running.

Eh?1?!?!

Back
Top Bottom