OcUK's plans for the future and new blood...

Soldato
Two things come to mind:

Bigotry/racism/homophobia/muslim hatred has got way out of hand lately. There's a vocal minority here who are making many threads very uncomfortable reading.

We're constantly being told this is a family forum with zero tolerance of swearing, yet the level of discrimination here is appalling. What poses a bigger threat to the family? Please sort this out.

Re technical issues: I gave up posting in those forums a few years ago where every other post was 'change your PSU' or posters passing off opinion as fact (or worse). Hey, if you don't know something, don't pretend you do ok? (Mind you, this still happens everywhere unfortunately).

Oh, the constant childish Console and iPhone/Apple bickering is tiresome.

I totally agree with this and I have an endless list of people I can name. I also try to avoid controversial threads because I know arguments can get out of hand and lead to personal attacks.

Edit :A very good example is the Draw Muhammed thread. That just got way out of hand and was very offensive.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I totally agree with this and I have and endless list of people I can name. I also try to avoid controversial threads because I know arguments can get out of hand and lead to personal attacks.

Edit :A very good example is the Draw Muhammed thread. That just got way out of hand and was very offensive.

Really, who are these people then? I know there are a lot of people with various different views but I haven't seen anything that I would consider out and out horrible racism.

Soldato
Or more likely the posters view doesnt agree with yours.

No, I think its got to do with tolerance and not saying offensive things.

We all know there are different views and beliefs, still don't go about cussing other peoples skin colour or Religion.

A typical scenario that can happen in GD would be a thread created to celebrate Ramadan like last year, which turns into cuss fest with an influx of morons, disrespecting peoples beliefs.

Edit :Furthermore what about the infamous BNP thread, that was allowed to go on for ages before it got locked, People in that thread were VERY VERY OPENLY racist.

I mean sure most of you wont remember or recall because you haven't been on this forum long enough.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Really, who are these people then? I know there are a lot of people with various different views but I haven't seen anything that I would consider out and out horrible racism.

To be fair as a muslim myself Robbo...i find it very uncomfortable here especially moreso when an anti muslim/islamic thread pops up...the draw the mohammad day was an interesting thread but the likes of bhavv, Tip top, slugforabutt and a few others were downright offensive when a few of us muslims posted up our beliefs....i dont think that was warranted and sadly the Mods let it continue even though i RTM'd a few posts..it finally got closed after about a month of that thread being opened.

Now i havent really got an issue with someone criticising my faith but surely you can do it in a respectful manner without having to resort to insults...sure i wasnt totally blameless as i made a few digs for which i apologised but ive now said to myself that im not going to bother with islam thread or suchlike...in fact there used to be quite a few muslim members but they left because of the xenophobic nature of this forum...personally i dont blame them and i havent left because other than that..i actually enjoy the forums...gives me something to do whilst at work:p

Man of Honour
A minimum age of 21 to join would be good

Wont happen.

I quite agree Spawn, some people can get quite over the top, but I'm sure if anything downright horrible and that was solely designed to offend was posted, the mods would (hopefully) get rid of it.

I've not read all the threads but what I have seen I wouldn't consider too bad.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Personally I hate the Holocaust 'jokes' and have given up reporting them as nothing seems to be done. I cannot abide racism of any kind and I include race and religion in this. Why do people think that it is fine to post things on here that they would never dream of saying to someone's face?

Soldato
Yet almost impossible to implement without a proof of age process which most people couldn't be bothered with and not sign up at all.

Ok well a over 21's section, would be easy to police and implement, People wouldn't know about this section if they was underage so they would have no excuse to lie about D.O.B at registration.

There is a bit of Vbulletin software that allows this to be done.

Permabanned
No, I think its got to do with tolerance and not saying offensive things.

We all know there are different views and beliefs, still don't go about cussing other peoples skin colour or Religion.

A typical scenario that can happen in GD would be a thread created to celebrate Ramadan like last year, which turns into cuss fest with an influx of morons, disrespecting peoples beliefs.

Edit :Furthermore what about the infamous BNP thread, that was allowed to go on for ages before it got locked, People in that thread were VERY VERY OPENLY racist.

I mean sure most of you wont remember or recall because you haven't been on this forum long enough.

But you have just said basically in your post im quoting that a thread about celebrating ramadam should stay open and not be "ruined" and a thread about the BNP should be instantly locked.

So in effect your saying that any threads about muslim culture should be allowed but any threads that arent about muslim culture should be locked.

So in total effect your as bad as these muslims who report anything as "offensive" to them.

FWIW BNP has other interests other than racism, and infact in 2010 they arent anything as racist as they used to be. They wanted to stop immigrants coming into the country in the last polls and they got called racist for it, yet conservatives have done exactly that.

Soldato
To be fair as a muslim myself Robbo...i find it very uncomfortable here especially moreso when an anti muslim/islamic thread pops up...the draw the mohammad day was an interesting thread but the likes of bhavv, Tip top, slugforabutt and a few others were downright offensive when a few of us muslims posted up our beliefs....i dont think that was warranted and sadly the Mods let it continue even though i RTM'd a few posts..it finally got closed after about a month of that thread being opened.

Now i havent really got an issue with someone criticising my faith but surely you can do it in a respectful manner without having to resort to insults...sure i wasnt totally blameless as i made a few digs for which i apologised but ive now said to myself that im not going to bother with islam thread or suchlike...in fact there used to be quite a few muslim members but they left because of the xenophobic nature of this forum...personally i dont blame them and i havent left because other than that..i actually enjoy the forums...gives me something to do whilst at work:p

This is what I am getting at. It annoys me more that people that join the forum like yesterday and rack up like 2000 posts, majority of it spam and insults are not disciplined.

Most of these 09 joiners etc just spam to get free delivery, or to pass their school holiday with them generic forum replies to put ppl down.

There needs to be some sort of Rep system like I have seen in other forums, where you can rate someone on the quality of their posts.

Permabanned

Again your complaining against people making comments against your beliefs but then you admit to "making a few digs" out of other peoples beliefs.

Why cant we just have a muslim subcategory open only to people of muslim faith, this is the only way your not going to have any arguements.

It seems pretty clear from some users in this thread that muslims on OCUK want moderation in that only muslim belief based opinion is allowed.

This is exactly what is wrong with the country at the moment.

Permabanned
This is what I am getting at. It annoys me more that people that join the forum like yesterday and rack up like 2000 posts, majority of it spam and insults are not disciplined.

Most of these 09 joiners etc just spam to get free delivery, or to pass their school holiday with them generic forum replies to put ppl down.

There needs to be some sort of Rep system like I have seen in other forums, where you can rate someone on the quality of their posts.

Why would the rep system not be abused though, don't shoot me, just playing devils advocate!

Permabanned

Rep systems dont work. Whats to stop your friends giving you positives and people who dont like you giving you negatives, and then the rest of the forum assuming your great / evil just because of your "rep". Absolutely pointless.

Soldato
But you have just said basically in your post im quoting that a thread about celebrating ramadam should stay open and not be "ruined" and a thread about the BNP should be instantly locked.

So in effect your saying that any threads about muslim culture should be allowed but any threads that arent about muslim culture should be locked.

So in total effect your as bad as these muslims who report anything as "offensive" to them.

FWIW BNP has other interests other than racism, and infact in 2010 they arent anything as racist as they used to be. They wanted to stop immigrants coming into the country in the last polls and they got called racist for it, yet conservatives have done exactly that.

A thread celebrating Ramadan cant be compared to a BNP thread saying send everyone home that's not white or Christian.

One thread is Celebrating , the other is trying to incite like minded people to post abusive material.

Caporegime
Again your complaining against people making comments against your beliefs but then you admit to "making a few digs" out of other peoples beliefs.

Why cant we just have a muslim subcategory open only to people of muslim faith, this is the only way your not going to have any arguements.

It seems pretty clear from some users in this thread that muslims on OCUK want moderation in that only muslim belief based opinion is allowed.

This is exactly what is wrong with the country at the moment.

No what is wrong with this country is people who have a distinct lack of respect towards anothers beliefs;)....fine you may not agree with them but theres no need to be disrespectful.

And i have never ever made any silly comments on another persons beliefs...thats not the way i have been raised;)...or at least i cant remember making disrespectful remarks...so unless you can come up with proof backing your ludicrous claim then i suggest you refrain from making them.

And dont be so utterly ridiculous, i dont want a muslim subcategory in these forums nor do i want special treatment and i dont think any other muslim member here wants the same...the fact you make those comments just proves my earlier points about certain members in here.

Back
Top Bottom