HTC Sense / Facebook Sync/ 2.1 Issues

Associate
Has anyone noticed that HTC Sence isn't updating peoples status updates etc for Facebook?

I noticed because I am using the People Widget in LauncherProPlus and peoples status updates were not being updated. For example, I have a friend that I KNOW has updated her status a few times in the last few days. Pure Messenger widget has shown me the updates, as has the Facebook site. BUT, the People Widget still shows an update from about 5 days ago.

So, I checked the People(contacts) app that comes with the phone. Sure enough, the Status Updates tab only showed old updates for everyone.

So, I cleared the data in the apps settings on the phone. Sense will not update peoples status and their pictures have gone. I can no longer link contacts either.

Looking around, this problem has recently come up but there appears to be no solution. This thread confirms what I am seeing: http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/129913-facebook-htc-sense-login-issue.html

As a note, I have no issues with Sense logging into FB, but it doesn't sync.

So really a heads up that you may well be having issues that you might not have noticed. Now you have, it'll bug you just like me. Anyone know of a work around?

In the mean time, even though sync isn't working. I can get my contact pics back using a free app called SyncMyPix from the market.

Associate
i had this problem, and fixed it!

delete the fb account from the phone, then reboot.

then open friendstream and hit menu>settings> accounts and sync

create your facebook account here, and it should work fine. i tried every other method i could think of, then tried this as a last ditch effort and it worked!

no, i have no idea why it worked either- all it does is set things up in accounts and sync, like you would usually, but getting to it via friendstream seems to fix it for some dozy reason.

probably some bug in the friendstream app, or maybe sense? *shrugs*

TG

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It is...... Alright, so I don't use the status update part of the People app, but it stops the People Widget showing updates also. :(

Got the pics back though, so it's not ALL bad.

One thing to note is, it really only seems to be Sense/People App. The Photo's app grabs the contacts and imagesjust fine. As does Pure Messenger Widget and Friendstream. Frustrating!

Associate
OP
Ok, so it's not just me then!

I think it's 2.1? Although I saw some issues with 1.5 mentioned. However, I also saw that someone put 2.2 Froyo on their Hero and it fixes the issue.

Guess I'll just have to wait for an update then. I don't mind the status updates not working in People, but like I said, it affects the People Widget for LauncherPro and I can't sync my FB contacts any longer.

EDIT: Thing is........ I've had this 2.1 rom on for quite a while and it WAS working. Hell, it was working last week when I got LauncherProPlus! The People Widget was updating as it should until a couple of days ago. That's got to be something on FB's end then surely?

Last edited:
Soldato
It seems to have broken within the last week. Perhaps FB have changed their web locations and the HTC Sense for FB app cannot retrieve the info any longer. The reason I say this is that some things still work e.g. photos works fine and sees all my contacts, just not People. Should be a really easy fix, not sure why it is taking so long but hey, I'm loving the phone anyway!

Back
Top Bottom