Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Cant see this being a very popular post in this thread, but here we go... :p

Decided that i want get more serious about road biking. So i have sold all 4 of my mtbs and used the cash to buy this:
pic_online2.jpg.v=1

Soldato
It's true though, all 4? Didn't you feel like keeping just one to keep your off-road skillz up?! I'd personally be interested in seeing how the benefits of becoming a dirty, stinking, slippery roadie affect your mtbing :p

Soldato
Go with an alternative, a lot of people seem to like the Mavic ex721's, heavier than the Flows and not as pimp (black and yellow, eurgh) but they'll be great rims.

Is that because you have them? :D :p
I have the 721's on my Hardtail, and like you say they ARE great rims.
I just want white rims for my white frame :( Not too much to ask surely ? :(

Soldato
I have flows! Or did I just misunderstand what you said?

I understand you wanting white rims, they'd look nice with the white frame, too much white can be a bad thing though ;) You can always get stuff powder coated relatively cheaply anyway.

Associate
W00T! Work have cancelled a new server install tonight meaning I am free to join my mates for a trip to the Highland Wildcat at Golspie :D

Should be a great evening for a run going by the forecast. We are doing the whole climb inc "The Long Way Round" followed by the full black run down

Soldato
I have flows! Or did I just misunderstand what you said?
Lol, t'was a bad joke!

I understand you wanting white rims, they'd look nice with the white frame, too much white can be a bad thing though ;) You can always get stuff powder coated relatively cheaply anyway.
True. Question is, would the white rims BE too much with the white frame? Im thinking it wouldnt due to coloured spokes, hubs, black tyres etc. Hmm...
Avoid white rims, they look scruffy very quickly.
Only as much as Black rims do. Black rims show the chips more IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom