Witnessed something disturbing this morning....

Soldato
Why is that when every single solder who dies gets prime time news coverage and a mention in the house of commons? If someone is shot it gets prime time coverage?

I know what you mean. Using the same logic loads of people die of cancer every day and you don't hear about them!

I think comparing soldiers out in combat to people dying on the roads is a bit far off though. They should be mentioned so it's out in the Media and people know exactly whats going on with the armed forces and the risks they take.

Soldato
I think it's a culture/society thing that dead soldiers get some media time, it's all to do with the risking lives for service to the country angle.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I feel sorry for the truck driver, personally. If you're dumb enough to run across a motorway (or ride across one, either way..) it's pretty much going to happen one way or another. It's just a shame that the lorry driver got dragged into it :(.

Hope you feel better OP.

Edit: It appears he lost control? :(.

I didn't think you could take scooters on the motorway?. Either way, RIP.
It's a 3 lane 40mph A road there, not motorway. I used to commute on that stretch for a few years. Mind you, the day anyone sticks to 40mph there will be the day I eat my hat. There is in fact a pedestrian crossing just before the flyover, but the o/p hasn't indicated where he lives so I can't comment further on that bit of road

Caporegime
Why is that when every single solder who dies gets prime time news coverage and a mention in the house of commons?

Because the government ordered them to be there and it's easy political point scoring (ie, IT' your fault he's dead) no one orders people to drive.

also at 9 deaths per day hearing news of road accidents would become tedious very fast, the news is an entertainment industry now so has to keep up with entertaining stories.

Soldato
LOL @ 3:18 my god our police are a joke, why are these woman police? it ends up with members of the public having to help them out as they struggle with that most difficult of criminals, 1 rather slim woman :rolleyes:

That slim woman had just been hit by car, which seemed to come off worse, and she obviously knew how to fight. I'm sure you could have stopped her easily. :rolleyes:

Later that day she murdered a man too.

"As paramedics unsuccessfully tried to save him, Ericksson was seen nearby hitting herself on the head with a hammer before jumping off a 40-foot bridge onto the A50."

Not a woman you want to mess with.

Last edited:
Associate
Horrible

Makes you realise that when you read the press that the nasty details are (rightfully) missed out, compared to the fairly horrific experience that the OP stated.

Soldato
feel sorry for the lorry driver, this will live with him for the rest of his life.
also it must have had some affect on you, winessing some thing like that

Caporegime

For some reason, this reminded me of the above video which came on a few years ago on Traffic Cops.

LOL at the 6 minute mark, camera pans showing some foreigners and a few black people and then a message saying "contrary to this scene it is being filmed in england". :eek:

Soldato
That woman was released after just 1 day in custody. I thought they took assaulting a police officer seriously.

Back
Top Bottom