Pick a car from this list

Associate
335i coupe, really don't see the point in going for the 330i if I could afford either, no real need for a bigger car and don't like diesels. Fuel consumption isn't an issue as all of the cars listed are better than my current car. Servicing will probably be more on the 335i along with more to go wrong but some money aside and a decent warranty (probably from Warranty Direct) will cover most things, leaving me with the fastest possible choice of 3 series bar an M3.

Last edited:
Associate
Out of interest Fox are you dead set on an M Sport? Given that the SE 335's have the same suspension, is it really worth paying the extra? The SE looks better anyway IMO.

Man of Honour
OP
Out of interest Fox are you dead set on an M Sport? Given that the SE 335's have the same suspension, is it really worth paying the extra? The SE looks better anyway IMO.

This isn't a spec me a car thread ;)

But obviously if I was to chose a car to replace mine then it would be an M Sport :p

Soldato
I would probably go with the BMW 530i M Sport Saloon (E60 LCI) myself, simply because I would miss the conveniance of back doors and because I prefer larger cars. If I was going to have a 2 door car I'd go with a Corvette, so from this list the 530i it is.

Soldato
530i saloon

Petrol (gas!) is cheap as chips here so no real benefit to having a diesel. Prefer 4 doors to 2 for flexibility and convenience. And 'big' over here is relative too, lol

Oh and looking at Fox's earlier post, I'll take the 535i then :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Ive been in a 335 d
It was epic
Going by that i would get a 335i as its the same but with not satan Fuel and would sound awesome

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Having not driven a 33x i/d I can't really comment.
What sort of price are we talking here?

I don't think I could take the 335i without seriously considering the 335d though. I'd have to drive both and make a decision there.
But the fuel consumption figures really need to be taken into account.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
530i saloon

Petrol (gas!) is cheap as chips here so no real benefit to having a diesel. Prefer 4 doors to 2 for flexibility and convenience. And 'big' over here is relative too, lol

Oh and looking at Fox's earlier post, I'll take the 535i then :p

I was going to say, you can have a 528i or a 535i not a 530i ;)

Soldato
Longer trips is one thing, but a combined figure would suggest an element of urban use

If it is true, I'd take either the 530i or the 335d - simply because the cons you list for both of them are, IMO, pretty trivial

Soldato
330i for me, it'd be plenty enough power for me and I prefer the 3 to the 5.

As for you, probably the 335i, as I can imagine being used to 230bhp already, 272 wouldn't feel much of a jump as 300+ would.

Soldato
Well I'd eliminate the 335i because it offers the same performance as the 335d with just as many reliability concerns but higher fuel consumption - all its costing you is the noise, which, as you know doesnt bother me.

330i or 335d is a bit tougher, but the performance of the 335d would sway it for me.

In the 5, I think it's a different sort of car - so much more suited to the petrol engine for refinement. Given the downsides of the 535d were more than the 335d (same problems, but added potential issues finding a good one etc) and the claimed fuel economy of the 530i, I couldnt see the justification for the diesel in that case

Associate
Personally I think the car you drive fox is better than any of the ones you listed, the build quality on all those new ones isn't as good as your E39. I also prefer the look of the E36/9 to the newer ones but thats just my personal preference.

Back
Top Bottom