Bentley

Caporegime
You see loads of the things round here either been driven at 0.25mph or by someone with a serious case of self importance, really nice car inside but i hate the back it looks like a dog taking a poop.

As for another car it depends how much the OP is paying for the Bentley, however i'd go for an Aston but i really really love the Gran Turismo & Quattroporte.

DM

DM

Permabanned
OP
The price is what has swung me, and i know the car has been pampered, i dont think its seen rain from day 1.

They drive fantastic, admittedly not quite the waft of older Bentley but all you can really hear is tyre roar.

The state of my road is the only bugbear, i know that the 1st time im in a rush i will bottom it out, i really will have to be careful, that road ****ed my 997, thats why iv had 4x4 for years now.

Caporegime
Depending on the roads length it might be worth chucking some money at someone and getting the potholes sorted out, parents had to do similar on the 2nd house and that has a 1/2 mile private road but it saves getting stuck or grounding out your cars all the time (all we did was fill in the deep stuff with what is basically large bits of gravel.

Associate
I said apart from the Mazzas Firestar! Although yes, a Quattroporte would be the only car to tempt me from a Bentley at this price/class.
Does the Aston not have a sniff of football socks also?

Associate
We need more details squire. Age, mileage, price, colour and mat spec. Then you'll get at least 12 hours to mull over what others would have bought instead with your money.

It's a Phaeton I think. With the A8's box, air suspension, quattro and engine block.

If only there were a Bentley tech around to confirm my suspicions...

I had just under third of a mile on a private road tarmaced, it's not cheap, but it was worth every penny. No doubt this will drop me firmly in the pampered woofter club, but navigating big, mud filled pot holes every morning and evening just got depressing in a low, firm car.

DM

DM

Permabanned
OP
Its a 2007 56 plate, silver with cream and black dash top, no chrome alloys, light wood. Its got the smooth leather, not the diamond stitched.

20K miles

I wont say how much till tomorrow once iv done the deal but it is cheap :)

Soldato
The engine, computer/nav system and such are all Pheaton yes, the gearbox is a ZF 6 speed auto that's also used in the Pheaton, A8, RS6 and S6. I'm not sure what other specifics are related and which aren't.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Sounds lovely :) Look forward to seeing it if you or i come to the soton meet. Love these, my all time target car is its convertible counterpart. Monster of a motor.

Man of Honour
We need more details squire. Age, mileage, price, colour and mat spec. Then you'll get at least 12 hours to mull over what others would have bought instead with your money.

It's a Phaeton I think. With the A8's box, air suspension, quattro and engine block.

If only there were a Bentley tech around to confirm my suspicions...

I had just under third of a mile on a private road tarmaced, it's not cheap, but it was worth every penny. No doubt this will drop me firmly in the pampered woofter club, but navigating big, mud filled pot holes every morning and evening just got depressing in a low, firm car.

Pah, mine's 1/2 mile :D

Associate
I'm pretty sure the awd drivetrain is A8, as is the suspension. I thought the W12 was lifted from the A8 originally and given to the Phaeton, then to Bentley.

I like the idea of Diamondmark driving around in a underpinned posh A8 ;)

Sounds nice, diamond leather is ugly and the colour combo inside sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom