Pick a car from this list

mjt

mjt

Soldato
There must be some mechanical isssue that wouldn't have been worth the trouble.
There's no other reason not to offer it.

It's not like dropping the 330i in the UK, as that still exists in LHD.
The E93 335d doesn't exist in LHD either..

Either that, or BMW did extensive marketing and felt that there wasn't enough demand for an E93 335d. Still odd, mind.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;17050947 said:
Good point, how could BMW possibly know what you know.

My dad asked BMW when he bought the 330d last year and they said it was being introduced. I'm also sure I remember reading there was a technical reason as opposed to lack of demand.

Permabanned
BMW 335i M Sport Coupe (E92)

I'll forward my address to you Fox so you can advise when it will be delivered.

Thanks

(that's what this thread is all about yeah? Fox says choose one, so it figures he's buying us all a BMW?)

Soldato
E92 335i

If you plumped for the 330i it'd be like having the 1.6 205 GTI, 1.6 MX5, or the 8v Golf GTI...... you can try and justify your decision all you like, but in the back of your mind is the feeling you should have got the bigger brother.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
That, and an exhaust on either side is way better so that the people who matter know what it's all about ;)

Soldato
[TW]Fox;17048795 said:
An E92 BMW M3 costs in excess of £30,000. I'm not really sure how relevent your comment is. It's very much like saying don't buy a Mazda MX5, buy a Ferrari 360 Spider instead.

Not really, its like saying I want a brand new 1.8 automatic poverty spec not very good mx5 and someone suggesting they dont go brand new and instead get a genuinely good mx5 like the 2.0 sport with proper suspension and a supercharger, LSD and all the other goodies that come with it.

As I said, it depends how much the 335i shares with the M3. It has a decent enough engine I imagine (not driven a car with it yet), but does it have the top end M3 suspension and what not and not BMW "sport" suspension and accessories?

Man of Honour
OP
Not really, its like saying I want a brand new 1.8 automatic poverty spec not very good mx5 and someone suggesting they dont go brand new and instead get a genuinely good mx5 like the 2.0 sport with proper suspension and a supercharger, LSD and all the other goodies that come with it.

There is absolutely no way on this planet you can get an E92 M3 for anything like 335i money. Not even a Cat C one that nobody has started repairing yet.

They cost £30,000 plus. They are absolutely not an option. There is no way of getting an M3 instead.

As I said, it depends how much the 335i shares with the M3. It has a decent enough engine I imagine (not driven a car with it yet), but does it have the top end M3 suspension and what not and not BMW "sport" suspension and accessories?

I welcome all opinon in this thread but as you've never driven any of these cars you've really got no idea what you are talking about and are instead playing the same old tired boring irrelevent 'If it isn't an M3 its rubbish' record.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;17051209 said:
I welcome all opinon in this thread but as you've never driven any of these cars you've really got no idea what you are talking about and are instead playing the same old tired boring irrelevent 'If it isn't an M3 its rubbish' record.

I have experienced the older M3 vs BMW sport and I freely admit I am going off of that massive disappointment, so yes, if the 335i is a big improvement over the 330i sport in terms of being closer to an actually sports orientated car then that would be good.

Which is why im asking if it shares anything with the M3.

Man of Honour
OP
If I wanted a true sports car I would purchase a Porsche Cayman.

As you don't see a Cayman on the list I think its probably safe to assume that a commensurate allrounder is the breif rather than a razor sharp sports car.

DM

DM

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;17051277 said:

As you don't see a Cayman on the list I think its probably safe to assume that a commensurate allrounder is the breif rather than a razor sharp sports car.

Who needs all those mad M3 running costs not to mention the extra purchase cost for that 1 day a quarter you get to use it.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;17051277 said:

Put the Cayman on the list and purchase one.

Man of Honour
OP
Who needs all those mad M3 running costs not to mention the extra purchase cost for that 1 day a quarter you get to use it.

I love the E46 M3, and I always respect and turn my head when I see one.

After work tomorrow, though, I'm driving all the way up the M5, at rush hour. Compared to my 530i, an E46 M3 will feel like a downgrade. Because sat in traffic on the M5, it might as well be a 320d. Which isn't as good as a 530i.

So I don't want one. I don't think.

Back
Top Bottom