HTC Hero, coming July on Orange and T-Mobile, makes me want!

Associate
ok i'm confused. I put my date forward and d/l an update (build number 2.73.61.91 and some release key stuff) now it has added the system software update facility, but when I check it it says im up to date.

any ideas guys ?

Caporegime
ok i'm confused. I put my date forward and d/l an update (build number 2.73.61.91 and some release key stuff) now it has added the system software update facility, but when I check it it says im up to date.

any ideas guys ?

You need to flash back to .66

I was .91 and got exactly the same as you.

Flashed to .66 then got both updates :) .92 after coming from .66 then the full Android 2.1 :D

Soldato
My 3G/internet connection on Orange is pathetic. Constant hanging/drop outs and switching from 3G to H (vice versa). I'm beginning to wonder whether its the phone itself, because, surely I should have a stable connection in CENTRAL london? :confused:

Anyone else have this?

is the official more stable? the 2.1 i downloaded about a month ago is great but very annoying in some places, e.g. if connection goes for say 10 minutes in a building, then when i'm outside it wont come back until reboot or stuck in plane mode and out again, also often when i drag down the bar when the alarm is going the noise continues but the rest has gone which means i'm left with lots or noise i can't stop. loads of other annoying things i've stuck with in the hope the official 2.1 will fix

Associate
I think I'm all up to date finally (on Orange) but a bit confused with some of the issues people have been having. I did some backups just in case, but after the update went through I lost nothing, all apps, settings and sms messages still in place.

What is the .66 number people are referring to? And going on what I have below, is there another update from Orange out there?

I'm currently on:
Never rooted
Firmware 2.1-update1
Kernel 2.6.29
Build 3.35.61.2

Sounds like I should be happy with what I've got!

Associate
The sat nav is really good, not quite as accurate as a tomtom, but all the same its excellent for free :)

Definatly worth the wait.

im running froyo and used google navigation for the 1st time yesterday it is quite cool even shows you a street view pic of the house when you arrive at your destination :D

Soldato
I have now given up pratting around trying to get the second update. I've tried telling it to look for an update, i've changed the date, i've turned it on and off and its just not interested.

I've got Update1 on and its nice, i'm not going to factory reset again to try and get it working as thats what i had to do to get this far in the first place. Why it wasn't an option to do all this via a PC i'll never know.

Soldato
Keep at it. I changed the date, got the first update through within seconds and that improved performance a LOT. Then about a week later I got the second update to 2.1 and it's so much better, whole phone is transformed although it seems back to its original 'slow-ness'

Thats with Orange and I bought my phone unlocked off eBay.

How are people coping with the battery? Just checked my phone and after turning wireless off and adjusting brightness, screen off timer, etc it's currently at 48 hours up time and still just above half battery life, better than it used to do.

Last edited:
Soldato
It feels like its doing better with the signal but that i have been on for 15 hours with no signal for 21% of the time speaks volumes!

Still no update 2 yet.

Back
Top Bottom