Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

alx

alx

Soldato
Guys, I need a media player for car use. I.E. One with mahoosive control buttons.

Is there such a thing?

By media do you mean music player or do you want to watch vids in your car too?

Most music players allow you to skip tracks by sweeping the screen left or right which makes it much easier when driving (I know the default galaxy s one and btunes does). Is that any help?

Caporegime
By media do you mean music player or do you want to watch vids in your car too?

Most music players allow you to skip tracks by sweeping the screen left or right which makes it much easier when driving (I know the default galaxy s one and btunes does). Is that any help?

Just music. Ah I didn't know they did this. Thanks. :)

alx

alx

Soldato
Just music. Ah I didn't know they did this. Thanks. :)

Some do, some don't (only found this out yesterday though haha!)

The default samsung one and btunes do, but tunewiki and doubletwist don't. Doubletwist does have quite a nice layout/look and bigish buttons though.

Edit: Just tried MixZing and really like it! It's much less laggy than btunes, which I had to pay for :rolleyes: (not sure why it's laggy as nearly all the other music players I've tried aren't)

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I had to do this too when I was running a Desire ROM port. Bit of a pain because there's no way to copy them back onto the SIM in Android, unless there's an app that'll do it.

i did notice while looking at a contact that there was a copy to sim option. i'll try and find it again.

and i managed to get my contacts to sort themselves out. not quite sure how though!

Soldato
Anyone here use the Ocado app? I have it but it won't synch the catalog, it keeps saying I need to be on Wifi or 3G. Doesn't make a difference whether I'm connected to Wifi (tried several different ones) or 3G, it won't work. I have tried to uninstall and re-install it.
The strange thing is, whilst connected to 3G, I can see a lot of data being received shortly after launching the app :confused:.

Associate
can anyone recommend a good app for my father that he can use to make and save notes. its got to be able to handle multiple notes
thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Right, this is annoying me now, can anyone help with this:

Cant use the HTC Music app as it doesnt work with Navigation anymore.
Tried MixZing, but that doesnt either load album art itself like it says it does, nor read the art thats already there.
Then tried DoubleTwist, and that displays the wrong album art!!!!!

Obviously, i'd be happy to get the HTC Music one working again with Navigation, but i cant see anything beyond a few forums posts around the net saying 'yeah we have the problem too'. :(

Somebody must have SOME idea on this?

Soldato
In regards to the DoubleTwist player, try force closing it, clearing data and deleting the .doubleTwist folder on your SDCard.

Then reopen the application and it should rebuild the library.

Soldato
what games you guys found that are fun, quick timekillers?

I am sad at the lack of good games.

also, anyone know of anything i could replicate windows desktop wallpaper fading? As in if i dump a load of jpg's into a folder and get it to fade through them via live wallpaper?

Last edited:
Caporegime
what games you guys found that are fun, quick timekillers?

I am sad at the lack of good games.

also, anyone know of anything i could replicate windows desktop wallpaper fading? As in if i dump a load of jpg's into a folder and get it to fade through them via live wallpaper?

Blow Up
Collapse
Sim City Metropolis
Sky Force

All very good.

Soldato
What phone/software are you running? It still works on my desire/stock 2.2.
Debranded Desire, running non-rooted, official 2.2 ROM (upgraded OTA from 2.1).

Ive also noticed tonight that the BT handsfree doesnt transfer calls to my cars BT anymore, yet music works fine...?

Im hoping its just a borked install, and will quite happily re-rom to the latest 2.2 RUU from HTC in an attempt to fix it, but i cant find one around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom