Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Thanks Andelusion.

This is a medium s-works im replacing with the exact same frame in large.

I will be selling the medium eventually yes.

Does anyone have any idea as to what crank puller tool i need to remove the crank?

Thanks

Soldato
I might be interested in that medium s-works. How tall are you? I'm just 5'9 / 5'10.

What cranks are they? They look similar to the shimano way of removing them.

Possibly like that?

Also some info here

Last edited:
Associate
I might be interested in that medium s-works. How tall are you? I'm just 5'9 / 5'10.

What cranks are they? They look similar to the shimano way of removing them.

Possibly like that?

Also some info here

Thanks for that...much appreciated.

Looks easy enough to do.

So all i need is one of these then?
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=3785

Whats a crank puller used for then :confused:

With regards the frame..im just over 5.11" and always wish id bought a large tbh as i like the larger bike.

Soldato
I don't think you need a crank puller as the cranks are not attached directly to the bottom bracket, the non drive crank is attached to the axle which is inserted the drive side, so the axle goes through the bottom bracket cups and out the other side. Onto which you secure the non drive crank.

So you undo the crank bolts on the non drive side crank, flip the security tab then remove the centre bolt. Then the crank will come off on its own without a tool. Then you just slide the drive side out through the bottom bracket cups.

Edit : Axle, not Axel!

And the point in the Hope vid about not tightening the centre bolt up tight is fairly important. Your crank bolts if done up correctly will keep your cranks secure on the axle.

Last edited:
Associate
As my Giant Rock bike is starting to fall apart, I decided to buy a decent road bike for commuting to work with as well as recreational cycling.

Got myself a Trek 1.2 and I'm amazed how light it is compared to old bike. I was a bit limited by stock (and my measurements) and the Trek 1.2 seemed the best value.

Back of my left leg hurt a bit while cycling, maybe my body is just unused to having the seat so high. Very happy with it overall but will take some getting used to riding in a different style.

Lovely wee bikes those, I've got the 2009 model and I'm considering getting the 2011 one when the new cyclescheme period comes in again.

For those, like me, who skip past all the text in this thread to get to the pictures...

DSC01130-1.jpg

*p.s. I had to find a 63cm frame so I feel your pain :p

Soldato
Anyone got any good ideas on what XC style full suspension frame I should look out for on ebay and the classifieds?

Current list is :

Kona Dawg
Marin Mount Vision

I don't know much about full sus bikes so don't know of any good trail frames. Any advice would be great.
I don't want to spend a fortune, maybe £350 max on the frame and I'll be doing it up for a fun winter ride that I can throw around.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Its a good X-Country bike, best one i have had so far. I know the mud guards are pretty ugly, i have taken them off now and only use them in the wet.

Yeah i have thought about getting SPD pedals, any suggestions at all?

Associate
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom