• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4890 overheating @ stock?

Associate
Im having to lower my 4890's clock speed to stop it crashing my PC im sure its the Gpu causing my crashes cos i tried everything and the only time i stopped crashing was when i lower the clocks on GPU, the only reason i remembered is because i reinstalled win 7 over the wknd and i my system started crashing again obviously id forgotten to under clock the card again but now i have its stopped works fine untill its under load only underclocked by 10 mhz on both mem and core so would this b classed as faulty and replaced?

Associate
OP
Ok ill ring OcUK tomorow then, and yea asox iv had the hoover in my case makin sure i get rid of as much dust from the heat sinks and iv rearranged the airflow to concentrate on getting a good flow over the GPU and NB and out of the back as they are very close to eachother, and the H50 in drive bays right at the top coming in the front n out the back but well away from gpu and nb so ill try it at stock clocks tonight and see what happens.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom