T-mobile Pulse - Android touch phone.

Soldato
Bought one of these for my girlfriends' birthday, got it on ebay for £80 delivered (next day at that!). It already had a custom 1.5 ROM on it, so I upgraded to the aforementioned 2.1 FLB ROM and it feels much quicker and more sleek than the 1.5 that was on it (which just looked outdated after my Nexus One!). Will be giving it to her in a few weeks so will report back if there are any problems with the 2.1 update after then. Seems like a lot of phone for the money, though it does feel quite cheap; very "plastic-ey". But coming from a Samsung Tocco... it will be a nice upgrade :D .

Soldato
Hey dudes,

Dunno if I've got my wires crossed here, but looks like official UK 2.1 ROM is out?

Clicky

My phone literally arrived like 3 hours ago, so this makes me a happy bunny :D

Su

Last edited:
Soldato
Posting this from my Pulse now!

Was pretty underwhelmed with it initially running 1.5 but now with 2.1 it's absolutely flying :D

Here's hoping for a cheeky 2.2 update, hehe!

Su

Soldato
On modaco there is a new flb rom based on the uk t-mobile 2.1 update.

I did the thing where I put a separate partition on but haven't tested it yet. Not used A2SD yet because I have loads of room on my N1 and haven't needed to! How can I check it's working?

You need to download terminal emulator from the market. Then open it type in su and it'll ask you if it's ok to give that super user permissions,select yes. Then type in a2sdcheck and it'll say if it's running apps from the sd card or not. All that is assuming your phone is rooted!

Last edited:
Associate
Just wondering if anyone can help me with this 2.1 update??

I've d/l the update.Unzipped the folder.Tranfered the update to my s/d card.Then when i follow the update method i get the following msg on screen.."The upgrade package is not detected.Confirm the upgrade package,and then perform the upgrade"

Can see the files in file manager,but i'm stuck why it wont update???

Any one got any ideas????

Associate
OP
Just wondering if anyone can help me with this 2.1 update??

I've d/l the update.Unzipped the folder.Tranfered the update to my s/d card.Then when i follow the update method i get the following msg on screen.."The upgrade package is not detected.Confirm the upgrade package,and then perform the upgrade"

Can see the files in file manager,but i'm stuck why it wont update???

Any one got any ideas????

unzip the update file and transfer the folder marked 'dload' to the root of your memory card. Then run the update software.

Associate
thanks for the replies guys :)

What do you mean by the root of your memory card??

The way i've been doin it,is by taking my microsd card out of my phone.putting it in my microsd slot on my pc,and copy and pasting the folder on to the card.Then sticking it back in my phone!

it still comes up with the same msg!
am i doin it all wrong???

feel like a right noob.Can build a pc from scratch but cant do a simple little thing like this lol :(

Associate
Ignore all the above,just done it lol

Did nothing differant than before,yet this time it worked!!

Sure this phones making a mug outta me grrrrrr :)

Cheers anyhow guys ;)

Soldato
Anyone updated to the UK based FLB ROM? Wondering if it's worth going from the latest Hungarian one to the UK one... or is it just a sideways step and not actually an upgrade? I'm after stability for the girlfriend, she won't want to be putting up with any bugs/instability, even if it means extra speed.

Soldato
Anyone updated to the UK based FLB ROM? Wondering if it's worth going from the latest Hungarian one to the UK one... or is it just a sideways step and not actually an upgrade? I'm after stability for the girlfriend, she won't want to be putting up with any bugs/instability, even if it means extra speed.

The uk one is much better than the hungarian rom. It's more stable for a start. Only problem is that it has even less memory for apps so you need to make sure you have A2SD.

Soldato
Just installing the stock 2.1 UK ROM...

A good improvement, the phone is more responsive (was never what I would call slow or unresponsive on 1.5), some nice GUI tweaks making some tasks easier and simplified too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom