argh crash

Soldato
Just as my insurance is up for renewal, some coffin dodger likes my lane more than his (on a big round about) and undertakes + drives right through my front near side.

I'm just about to move house and the new post code was going to bump the cost ~ £150 anyway.

As this was on a round about I'm fully expecting the claim to go 50-50 even though I did absolutely nothing wrong.

Just ran some details through quote engines. From £650 this year, I'm looking at £1000 - £1300 for renewal. Not best pleased :(

oh yeah, current insurance company knock off 2-3 years ncb for claim and they only count up to 5 years ncb. My 9/10 years is therefore going to turn into 3 years ncb.

argh.
:mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a roundabout case that ended up going to county courts. No witnesses.
I was adamant that he was in the wrong. I sent my forms off thrice as my insurance company lost the other two copies. I took photos, I kept in touch.

Come the day of the hearing, I finally get to see his documents and it turns out his insurance happily sent my case for him to see for a counter argument. I had a waste of time insurance solicitor who was more interested in his expenses than my argument. I had a stupid, fat judge who looked at me and thought I was the more unruly, younger driver from the off.

I lost :(

I'm bitter, but I'm emphasise with you.

I lost what NCD I had and had to start off again.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Get someone you know (but not easily linked to) to say they saw the accident etc.. I'm aware this is lie and is fraud but the guy sounds like a daft old ******* if it happened as you say!

I've been the victim of a very similar 50-50 claim that I lost all my NCB form. Therefore I have no sympathy for this other guy if you did do the above.
Yup there really is no reason why you should have to fork out for someone else being 100% at fault.

Soldato
What's the legality behind fabricating such a story? I can't really see much wrong with it TBH, as long as your story is 100% accurate and he was totally at fault. It sucks massively if you have to suffer for someone elses stubborn idiocy.

Man of Honour
What's the legality behind fabricating such a story? I can't really see much wrong with it TBH, as long as your story is 100% accurate and he was totally at fault. It sucks massively if you have to suffer for someone elses stubborn idiocy.

You'd be effectively asking someone to commit perjury - that's generally a very bad idea and courts don't like it much if it comes to their attention.

Amleto: good luck getting it sorted out and I hope the other driver having had time to reflect is honest about his degree of fault in the matter.

Associate
Unlucky Amleto, one of those 'take-it-on-the-chin' situations unfortunately & hope that your renewal isn't as bad as you expect.

Rush-hour + roundabouts = super defensive driving, everybody is out to get ya!

Soldato
OP
the thing is, there wasn't anything I could do to avoid it. I had only just started moving (traffic lights on the round about) and was going no more than 10mph when this old bean came 'flying past' in his 1.6 astra at about 35mph.

Soldato
same situation myself 7 years ago. Got cut up on a round about she wrote her car off mine just had minor panel damage (good old pug 405 built like a tank) she was in a 106. She had some guy claim to be a witness and i had no witnesses. After a 6 month battle of letters and arguments i caved in and decided lets just go 50/50(on the advice of her insurers)as my car was only worth 500 quid and i didn't have any no claims anyway. Hey presto 2 weeks later i recieve a phone call from my insurance company who said she now wants 100% again i politely said no and have my legal rep take her insurance company to court. 3 months rolls by and despite numerous calls i was none the wiser until i got a letter from her insurance saying she had dropped the claim against me as she didn't want the hassle of court apparently.

Soldato
OP
could you cut paste that google map shot into paint etc etc and mark the position of your car and their car relative on the map. Because you could come out on top of this dependant on the lane layout and whats already been said

yeah, but then the other guy can just as equally say, "no we weren't there, we were 6ft further that way <-". And with no witnesses...

e: Actually this might end up going ok. The only way he can manipulate things is to say I was further left, which just makes his case worse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom