Lotus Exige's

Associate
Bonos. Epic engine, epic gear change, epic noise.
He destroyed me on the dual carriageways getting to Wales. I destroyed him on the bendy bits in Wales! :)
Are you back from Cornwall now? I'll take you out for a spin next weekend mate.

DiamondMark, once your inside its fine. But getting in & especially getting out is troublesome. :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6fF86Oahmw

The issue is with skirts, theres no hiding a ladies knickers! :eek:
Thankfully they soon come off after a ride anyway! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm looking at either an S1 Exige, or an S2 Exige S later in the year. The S2 is meant to be better in every department, but I've always wanted an S1...and, well, just look at them:

3827470657_6f6858c619.jpg

In terms of getting in/out, it takes practice.

Soldato
Big bump to this thread :D

Im thinking of purchasing an Exige S this year however would I be best waiting until christmas time for prices to drop? Do Lotus's historically fall in price in winter time in the uk?

Soldato
New factory-ordered cars can have some nice discounts in the winter, usually not advertised of course. But apart from that residuals on these cars aren't really affected by the seasons. Especially an Exige S.

Associate
Nathan - Looks like your following a similar motors-path to myself owning a Cup & Exige, both mega cars, I'd happily have another Cup at some point.

olv - Awesome photos mate, really impressed by them. Although I see my own everyday those photos make it look rather special. I definately need to give her some TLC now!

Whats the score then Housey? You had any other thoughts about these little tinkers?

Soldato
New factory-ordered cars can have some nice discounts in the winter, usually not advertised of course. But apart from that residuals on these cars aren't really affected by the seasons. Especially an Exige S.

Prices aren't lower, but you usually get more choice and more bargaining power as Christmas approaches as most people thinking about selling wait until Summer/Autumn is over.

Soldato
I'm not a particularly small chap but found the Exige to be snug in a good way. It seemed to wrap around me quite well and I didn't struggle for leg room at a shade over six foot... only problem I had was getting one of my chunky size twelve work shoes wedged whilst getting in and looking a bit of a lemon :p

Man of Honour
OP
I'm back into the mindset of these once more, what's the latest thinking on them if you were putting £25K down, which one and why?

Associate
A 240R if you can find one, lowest depreciation, 240hp and a lot of kit as standard

Failing that a 240 PP car would be nice aswell

cheapest ones will be the 220hp Basic S cars, better to get the power you want at the outset though, as the differances are not just remaps, but bigger injectors, pulleys and roofscoops

Back
Top Bottom