• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

xfx 4890 fan problem

Associate
hiya, got an xfx 4890, bought from oc when they was cheap

getting a problem with the fan, when i boot up for up to half an hour to an hour i get a groaning noise.....

had a look inside just now and found the fan wont spin up till temps get high but then it stops starts etc..

anything under about 45% fan speed and it will stop start and groan, the only way to get it going is to ramp up fan in ccc and then slow it down and then switch back to auto after about 5mins

i take it the fan is on its way out....but what options i got for it dont want to rma for a fan and post to send back for something thats easily sorted....

can these fans be purcheased would oc send me 1 lol or is it bodge it time and hope lol

ty for any help

edit... i know i can buy a new cooler etc but just wondered if the stock fan can be bought for it

Last edited:
Associate
Maybe you could fit an aftermarket cooler ? I dont know if an Accellero S1 fits a 4890 but they are awesome coolers if you can find one.

Associate
OP
didnt really want to waste cash on aftermarket coolers tbh, might try n contact xfx c if i can get a fan for it, probably cost me more than an aftermaket cooler lol, just want a cheapo solution atm. b4 i upgrade later on in the year

Soldato
Just RMA it, it'll probably be cheaper than an aftermarket solution and attempting to fix it will probably void your warrantee anyway.

Back
Top Bottom