Obama defends ground zero mosque plans

Soldato
If you ask me, this is CRAZY, CRAZY and THOUGHLESS ! on a whole new level.
If this does happen then the USA has completely lost the plot, and I will expect a lot of very very unhappy Americans will kick off big time.
I mean c'mon how bad and insensitive is this.
Im not racist and im all for world peace, but given the events of the 9 years and its location this is the worst idea ive seen in a long time.
Its like building a German war memorial in Hyde park, or christain church in downtown Riyadh

Your thoughts

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38698500/ns/politics-white_house/

Last edited:
Permabanned
I don't care. I don't live in Manhattan, neither do I really care about the events of 9/11 outside the fact that it precipitated two wars that really ought not to have been started.

A Mosque is not offensive to anyone, anymore than any place of worship.

Associate
It's not really insensitive now is it? The entire Muslim religion is not to blame for what happened there. The terrorists are and that isn't a memorial of them they're building there.

Caporegime
You know it's not on "ground zero" right?

It's just vaguely near by and has had planning permission for years.

(although one could argue how massively insensitive it is to take the name of a place that referred to the deaths of hundreds of thousands in the atomic blasts for such a small attack)

HeX

HeX

Soldato
President Barack Obama on Friday endorsed plans for a Muslim mosque two blocks from ground zero in New York City, declaring that "Muslims have the right to practice their religion as anyone else in this country."

I don't get the problem...

Would you be up in arms if a Christian Church was going to be built there?

Obama is right.

It wasn't every day Muslims that blew up the towers, it was bat**** crazy psycho's that did.

Soldato
I don't care. I don't live in Manhattan, neither do I really care about the events of 9/11 outside the fact that it precipitated two wars that really ought not to have been started.

A Mosque is not offensive to anyone, anymore than any place of worship.

Depends if they stick the loudspeakers on.
Then it becomes quite offensive to be woken by men with absolutely no singing abilities at 5am each morning. I swear the 'early-bird' cleric is always chosen as the man who can't sing for *&^%.

Putting a constant stream of cats into a blender makes a more harmonic sound.

As for the OP, I actually don't remotely care. The USA is meant to be a place of religious freedom, and tends to be right up until the point a religion wants to actually do something, as which stage they are at fault. Let them build their mosque, but I would be surprised if it is vandalised over and over.

Caporegime
Depends if they stick the loudspeakers on.
Then it becomes quite offensive to be woken by men with absolutely no singing abilities at 5am each morning. I swear the 'early-bird' cleric is always chosen as the man who can't sing for *&^%.

Putting a constant stream of cats into a blender makes a more harmonic sound.

As for the OP, I actually don't remotely care. The USA is meant to be a place of religious freedom, and tends to be right up until the point a religion wants to actually do something, as which stage they are at fault. Let them build their mosque, but I would be surprised if it is vandalised over and over.

try living across the road from a church, the hideous cacophony from the bells every morning/service makes me want to torch the place.

Caporegime
Didn't realise that it was 'vaguely near' ground zero. Once again the press twist a story.

A little common sense would have told you that no way was a mosque ever going to be built on that piece of land.

If not for political reasons but because it's worth so much money.

Soldato
(although one could argue how massively insensitive it is to take the name of a place that referred to the deaths of hundreds of thousands in the atomic blasts for such a small attack)

I had to read that a couple of times just to understand, but yes, I actually totally agree with this.
I was always bewildered by what the american's thought a 'ground zero' was.
Few building falling down after being hit with planes, or a couple of cities incinerated and demolished in seconds.

One would wonder what they would call it if someone actually did nuke a city.

Caporegime
At 5am? the repeated several times during the day?
Not quite the same.

they do it at every service, and even more if there's a wedding or christening, pretty much impossible to have a lie-in on a Sunday :(

At least if it was a bloke singing I could probably hit him with something, but these ****ers are inside a stone tower :p

Back
Top Bottom