Poll: ***Official Formula One 2010 Thread***

What version of F1 2010 did you purchase

• Steam / Digital Copy

Votes: 225 57.8%
  • Retail Boxed Copy

Votes: 164 42.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
Then I can only assume that you need to come into the pits to check the times you have set. Maybe when you get P1 or P2 the race engineer will tell you over the radio, just like a real driver. But that's only my assumptions. maybe rotter could reveal more ?.

Associate
Then I can only assume that you need to come into the pits to check the times you have set. Maybe when you get P1 or P2 the race engineer will tell you over the radio, just like a real driver. But that's only my assumptions. maybe rotter could reveal more ?.

Yep, you can check your split times along with those of the other drivers in the pits on your monitor during qualifying.

The race engineer will also comment about the times other drivers are setting during qualifying and the race.

Soldato
Yep, you can check your split times along with those of the other drivers in the pits on your monitor during qualifying.

The race engineer will also comment about the times other drivers are setting during qualifying and the race.

Ah right, so you're going for a full 'you're the driver' type gaming then..... That is going to be odd, I'm so use to F1 games having split times like on TV, to have to go to the pits to get my times and hope my race engineer tells me how well, or how poor I'm doing is going to be odd for me..

I guess I'll get use to it...

And yes, this uses GFWL. Does the PS3 version use trophies instead?

And as for steam, nice but it'll be more expensive..

Associate
I have to say while I am an out and out sim racer, I am excited about this. The ability to just play a F1 game without messing around with config's, files, mods etc will be bliss.

I quite like the qualifying concept of just knowing times in the pits - I suppose if your lacking speed, you just have to try, try and try again.

Soldato
I have to say while I am an out and out sim racer, I am excited about this. The ability to just play a F1 game without messing around with config's, files, mods etc will be bliss.

I quite like the qualifying concept of just knowing times in the pits - I suppose if your lacking speed, you just have to try, try and try again.

Same... i'm a Geoff Crammond fan, have raced with his F1 sims since the days of F1GP on the amiga... Modding GP4 to the next season is a right pain, but its all i've got... I never did get F1 CE for PS3, stuck with GP4.

The idea though of just jumping into an F1 car and racing, well if its dirt 2 but F1 and longer races - awesome..!!

Soldato
Just in case I forget to ask nearer the time, what gamepad would anyone recommend for this? I've never got my PS3 pad working to my satisfaction, and I find the xbox controller too big for my delicate paws. And I'm not going down the wheel route either. Any other recommendations?

Soldato
Soldato
Minimum specs are similar to Dirt 2

• Windows XP/Vista/7
• DirectX 9.0c
• Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz or Athlon X2
• 1GB RAM (2GB for Vista)
• Graphics Card: GeForce 7800 / Radeon X1800 or above
• DirectX Compatible Sound Card or motherboard audio
• Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive
• 12.5 GB Hard Drive Space

couldn't find recommended specs, but if you can run Dirt 2 then your sorted because it's the same game engine, just tweaked a little.

Back
Top Bottom