Need new periphals.

Associate
Hello everyone.

So recently my current mouse and keyboard are starting to give in, So i thought i'd treat myself and get a new keyboard + mouse.

I am looking for a gaming mouse and keyboard.

A little about me so you get the idea of the type i need.

I play WoW, CSS, APB, LoL, DoWII, SC2 and others but mainly those, For about 6 hours a day almost every day. I feel i'm an above average gamer and tend to compete at high ranks.

I've never had a proper keyboard / Mouse before as i generally use all my money on computer components and just tend to stick with the bargain bucket microsoft rubbish.

I do have quite large hands and i prefer larger mice and really dislike small mouse, I cup the mouse in the palm of my hand so i dont do anything like a claw.

I do prefer to have larger keys instead of slimline ones.

As said previously, I'm quite active so i need something that wont wear quickly (Like one mouse i had where all the rubber wore off in about 2 months) but i need it to be comfortable for long sessions.

No lighting in the keyboard is needed as i can and do comfortably type without needing to see the keys.

Extra mouse buttons are nice as i like to bind macro's to them, Same with the keyboard.

I dont want to spend a lot, But i want to spend enough for it to feel like a quality product if you know what i mean.

I've heard good things about the MX518, Razer Deathadder and the G11 keyboard.

Preferably wired over wireless.

Thank you for your help.

jbs

jbs

Associate
MX518 and G11 - then you have the brilliant customer support from logitech. At the moment even the G500 (which I have) is only £29.

Associate
I am not sure about other game. But for starcraft, I got some advice for you. I used to play SC as semi-pro _ mean I earn money by play and betting _ so I really serious about keyboard and mouse when play starcraft.

For Keyboard: get something as light as possible, and do not have "blocked key effect" (which is a similar effect to ghosting, but not exactly the same). The reason is because you gonna spam your keyboard a lots, and light keyboard save your finger from hurt and slow your reaction down. And "blocked key effect" will make your 1a,2a,3a,4a become 1a,2,3a,4a .. and your 2nd troops will not do what you think it should do.

So the best choice (in theory) should be NKRO Filco Brown (not black _ it is too heavy). But if you can not afford that, then looking in ebay for DT-35 which is the keyboard used by most SC pro-gamer in Korea, it will be around 30$ only. Do not waste money on any G15-G19 or snake :) your finger can not see the LED or LCD.

For mouse, also do not be fool by any advertisement. Your hand will never be accurate enough to find the difference between 2000 DPI mouse and 5000 DPI one. Or be fast enough to gain benefit from super high response rate. So my advise it go for something your hand feel most comfortable. And no one is the same, it depend on shape of your hand, your grip etc.. So go to store, place your hand on each mouse they got there, close your eyes, and feel it :).

Edit : And since you gonna use Wired mouse, then get a mouse bungee as well. I recommend Apuri, it really good but also ... over priced. if you think it is too expensive, then get something with long (and high) tail.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom