From nothing to a nomination (bragging thread)

Man of Honour
OP
It's quite surreal at the moment.

Manager - I've been approached by the Nursing Directive to make an Infection Control DVD and we have 2 HD camcorders and Adobe Premiere, are you up for it?
Me - Yeah
Manager -OK, lock yourself in a room for 3 days and learn Adobe Premiere and how to use the camcorders

Then a talk to the two Nursing staff who take me through Aseptic Technique while I make notes.
I then get them in to film and make a Master.

2 weeks later - This is wrong we will have to redo
Me - OK (and another Master is made)

and so on ...........

Basically the DVD was taken around the Trust to every Matron, Ward Manager, Head Nurses, Consultants etc who all gave their 2p so the film was fine tuned.

I really don't feel I've done a lot except cut, add, cut, add and so on.
It really is something that anybody on here could have done.

Soldato
It's quite surreal at the moment.

Manager - I've been approached by the Nursing Directive to make an Infection Control DVD and we have 2 HD camcorders and Adobe Premiere, are you up for it?
Me - Yeah
Manager -OK, lock yourself in a room for 3 days and learn Adobe Premiere and how to use the camcorders

Then a talk to the two Nursing staff who take me through Aseptic Technique while I make notes.
I then get them in to film and make a Master.

and so on ...........

Basically the DVD was taken around the Trust to every Matron, Ward Manager, Head Nurses, Consultants etc who all gave their 2p so the film was fine tuned.

I really don't feel I've done a lot except cut, add, cut, add and so on.
It really is something that anybody on here could have done.

Why didn't they get someone in who was already trained, ask the Matrons, Ward managers, Head Nurses etc for input BEFORE making ANY film and then make one film, not waste so much time and effort (Read Tax-Payer cash!) on the method used, no wonder the NHS is in such a ******* state!

Man of Honour
OP
Why didn't they get someone in who was already trained, ask the Matrons, Ward managers, Head Nurses etc for input BEFORE making ANY film and then make one film, not waste so much time and effort (Read Tax-Payer cash!) on the method used, no wonder the NHS is in such a ******* state!

It was done that way by the 2 Head Nurses before they came HOWEVER when the film was on the big projector screen things started to stand out.
Also remember that the reason this film has been made is because over the years staff have added and subtracted their own methods and of course techniques have changed without staff being trained properly.
This film caused arguments in meetings because everybody did it different (globally).
What we've got now is the definitive guide to Aseptic Technique and that's why it's been nominated.

Man of Honour
OP
Last edited:
Soldato

Congrats on the nomination, one question, what do doctors (let alone consultants) know about correct infection control/aseptic technique procedures? :p

Soldato
Here you go, trade secrets.
The open wound is actually a liver or bladder I printed off Google Images.

at1.jpg

Bloody hell .... Tintin has aged hasn't he :eek:

Big big big congrats dude. Just be proud of what you've done, you've got every right to be :cool:

Al

Soldato
Congratulations for the nomination! Hope you win.

one question, what do doctors (let alone consultants) know about correct infection control/aseptic technique procedures? :p

Enough to know in that picture that the one load of gauze should not be overlapping the other set so that you could hold it by the corners without contaminating the centre part (that being the non-touched part which you would use) ;)

Man of Honour
OP
Congratulations for the nomination! Hope you win.

Enough to know in that picture that the one load of gauze should not be overlapping the other set so that you could hold it by the corners without contaminating the centre part (that being the non-touched part which you would use) ;)

Very good.
That still is from an old clip that had to be re-done.

Back
Top Bottom