Freeview to lose Sky Sports News Channel

Permabanned
In what way, do you think people are going to go "hmm no SSN, how much is that Sky package, bargain, where do I sign"

He takes money from adverts so I presume he is limiting the revenue base and companies will not be as keen to have adds on the channel?

Caporegime
How many people nowadays don't have Sky though? I bet a large majority of people on these forums have Sky Sports so this won't really make much difference on the whole.

Soldato
How many people nowadays don't have Sky though? I bet a large majority of people on these forums have Sky Sports so this won't really make much difference on the whole.

I don't, mainly as there will be nothing on there worth watching so don't fancy forking out a load of money each month to not watch it.

I know quite a few people who are ditching Sky as it's getting too expensive for them.

Associate
6 - 7 Million people according to google ;)

which is about 10% of UK population.

I for one don't have Sky let alone Sky sports. too expensive. If they had the local exchange unbundled with Sky i would go for their £20 a month deal. Just watch all my sport online now.

Soldato
The thing that I find hilarious is when you listen to the advert it sounds like they're doing you a favour.
I'd be more than surprised if anything close to a majority has sky, let alone sky sports.

Caporegime
The thing that I find hilarious is when you listen to the advert it sounds like they're doing you a favour.

I'd be more than surprised if anything close to a majority has sky, let alone sky sports.

I may have worded that better, I meant those of us that frequent the football/sports sections. You can be almost sure that most of us will have Sky or Sky Sports.

Soldato
6 - 7 Million people according to google ;)

which is about 10% of UK population.

I for one don't have Sky let alone Sky sports. too expensive. If they had the local exchange unbundled with Sky i would go for their £20 a month deal. Just watch all my sport online now.

Sky is actually in close to 10m households, so over 20% of all homes.

Back
Top Bottom