logitech and customer service

Soldato
The smashing and sending a pic was a great way. Wonder why they stopped that.

so if you had a faulty piece of their kit and they were gonna replace it, you had to smash it, take a picture of it smashed and send/email it to them?? damn thats 'trusting'!! but definitely open to abuse.

me thinks i'll be buying all logitech kit from now on, shame they dont make graphics cards, cpu's etc :p

Soldato
Fantastic service, broke my wrist rest on my G15 emailed them and their sending me a new one.

[edit] A new keyboard not just the wrist rest.

Last edited:
Associate
Excellant service !

Had a G7 from new and the batterys were aweful , enquired about new batterys and got asked for a picture of the mouse, sent this to them and then got told they would send me the G500 or another mouse of my choice , Few days later and have a shiny new G500 :D

Just wish i had known this when my G15 died ages ago think it got thrown away but if i ever find it going to give support an email about it.

Associate
Some fantastic experiences here.

I phoned them yesterday about an issue where my G5 mouse keeps cutting out randomly and they said something like "we can't do anything because it's over the 3 year warranty..." but they did suggest sending a message to their email support with a picture of the mouse :confused:

I sent an email but I didn't include a picture because I didn't understand why they wanted a picture of the mouse because it isn't a cosmetic issue. Maybe I should have anyway from the messages I've seen here...

Anyway I await Monday to see if I get a response!

Associate
I wonder if they will replace my borked Extreme 3D pro joystick.

had one of them for about 4 years now. 2 of them with a spazzy/off center rudder. was bought to replace an extreme didital 3d which had exactly the same symptoms.

i was surpirsed to find the E3dPro in the product range, so ive just fired them a quick email and crossed my fingers.

Associate
Another +1 here for Logitech's customer service. My 2 year old MX Revolution had developed the faulty micro switch problem and was constantly false double clicking. Spoke to a guy today and they're replacing it with a new Performance MX, which costs a fair bit more than I paid for the Rev. Not sure I'll keep it as I've read mixed reviews, so may sell it and buy another Rev. But regardless I'm pleased with the result as it was hassle free. Will certainly continue to buy their products.

Whats the number people are calling for there replacements?

I rang 0203 024 8159. Took about 10 mins to get through but this was at lunch time (1pm).

Associate
God damn it i wish i knew this before i threw out my MX Revoloution after it was broken... It was the best mouse i have ever had and i kinda miss it..

Ended up buying a G9 instead. I dont think i will ever buy a non logitech product. Their products work great, and have fantastic build quality, Im planning on getting myself a diNovo edge and a Performance MX.

Soldato
Had my control pod back light on z5500 go last year they replaced the whole set with brand new version. So had 2 pairs :D

Just had to get them to replace a satellite speaker as it went pop. Thankfully the seen sense and got them to send just a speaker. They wanted to send a whole set again lol.

My replacement G11 Numlock key is sticking badly. I dont want to get a replacement. Is it okay to just pop it off?

Permabanned
Just phoned them up after being on hold for 15 mins, had a few issues with accent barriers, not sure what accent this guy had im crap at guessing accents and i have a thick north west lancashire accent which was kind of fun trying to understand each other.

Said he didnt know what was going to happen wether they would replace it or not, wether they would want something in return, wether they would want to pick the original unit up.

Not very impressed with the level of support so far, i'll see what happenes in a few days when the sales team gets back to the tech support guy......

Back
Top Bottom