*** Show us your bikes! ***

Soldato
It's fast thats for sure. The R1 in 05 was slated by the press for being gutless at bottom end and mid range (gutless compared to the other three IL4 1000's that year) and it can clearly been seen on the comparative dyno sheets. Open exhaust without a cat apparently helps quite a bit tho, I doesnt feel gutless to me.

Associate
DSCF0053.jpg

ResizeofNP7L0306.jpg

DSCF0256.jpg

DSCF0257.jpg

DSCF0258.jpg

me n the mrs bike collection. harly night train 1550 stage2.s&s 1340 chop.siner 2648cc show chop.honda super magna special.kawasaki z1000 1977 vintage.

Associate
My current bike.. Gixxer Thou K6

CIMG1167s.jpg

CIMG1109s.jpg

IMG_2481s.jpg

And finally 'living the dream' riding on an empty stretch of French tarmac on a warm August evening :)

Bike22s.jpg

Associate
mrs herble here, Mister built the red one 'Magnafacent' in 6 weeks from a basket case, and it cost less than the PAINT on the big green one, which took me 4 years. All relative, huh? red one gets loads of attention and is a proper home built custom, and its whee-ey fun to ride as its light and screamy.

The red and black one is new in this week for him to have a bigger bike. well good cost, needs a bit of fettling, but he'll sort it the weekend. Sinner, the green big one, invariably gets the paint trophys. Got a bleeding great stone chip in the front fender last week...sob.

mrs h
likes things of shinyness.

Soldato
Ive been working on my old SV this week :D
She's not working properly so the carbs are off and are getting a clean over the weekend, hopefully that sorts the problems.
Got the SRAD calipers all rebuild and put onto the forks!
DSC_4323.jpg

DSC_4324.jpg

DSC_4325.jpg

DSC_4326.jpg

Things to do... Rip off the whole rear end, either buy or modify this subframe to take a gsxr rear end and hopefully lighten her up too :)

Associate

Clean them wheels! :p

Talking of shocks though, my k8 sv650 rear end, the only time I noticed the apparent 'basic' shock/suspension was down some little coast road on the south coast somewhere, felt like the rear was just hopping along instead of absorbing the rubbish rippled road. Does throwing in that new shock fix that kind of behaviour?

I am aware that this is a completely rubbish question that is full minimal fact but... yes.

Soldato
No you just need the suspension setting up for your weight / riding style, more reputable places will do it for £40-50 and will do minor adjustements after for free.

And yea I know the wheels are filthy, but I bought them like that honest :D once the bike is up and running the whole thing is going to be repainted anyway!

Soldato
No you just need the suspension setting up for your weight / riding style, more reputable places will do it for £40-50 and will do minor adjustements after for free.

And yea I know the wheels are filthy, but I bought them like that honest :D once the bike is up and running the whole thing is going to be repainted anyway!

Fireskull, do you know how to repair cracked paint? My fairing has two small (about 3 cm) cracks and I wanna clean it up. The plastic isn't cracked, just the paint. People have said just to use a rubbing compound the clear it up with the paint around it?

Back
Top Bottom