**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Soldato
Ha :D
Finally ventured online tonight for the first time and started trying the 50 practice games - played 5 won 1 lost 4, and 3 of those defeats were complete thrashings :mad:
More practice needed, though it was fun..

Soldato
Does anyone else get really ****ED off when some ass hole playing terren dicides that once you've destroyed his army and all but one starport to lift off and cruise around the map?

Seriously that mechanic should be totally scrapped or restrictions should be put in place such as you have to chose a landing point in a certain radius before you can actually lift off.

kar

kar

Associate
Does anyone else get really ****ED off when some ass hole playing terren dicides that once you've destroyed his army and all but one starport to lift off and cruise around the map?

Seriously that mechanic should be totally scrapped or restrictions should be put in place such as you have to chose a landing point in a certain radius before you can actually lift off.

I don't mind this, it gives me an opportunity to be BM and not feel bad :)

Its a very bad mannered **** move.

You have to be very careful with CCs on maps like Desert Oasis and Lost temple (or any map with island /walled off expansions.) as terran can lose everything but an orbital command center, float off and then call in mules to start over.

So if you have base raced and lost all your air to air / air to ground units you can be in a bad spot.

I personally think no terran building should be able to fly for more than 3 min. And they require energy/ an upgrade to do so.

Associate
Matchmaking is a bit weird for me,I am 1st in the silver league for quite some time,winning 80% against silver and more than 50% against gold(even won against platinum earlier today)and I'm still stuck at silver league :(

Matchmaking is a bit weird for me,I am 1st in the silver league for quite some time,winning 80% against silver and more than 50% against gold(even won against platinum earlier today)and I'm still stuck at silver league :(

Remember your position in the league means nothing (this is because no two leagues are equal) You are just being compared to the people in the same bucket your in, but not to the people in all the other buckets. The points earned from winning matter.

If you are playing gold and Platinum players, chances are you are due for a promotion soon.

Personally I don't worry about the league I am in, only that I continue to improve and win games.

Last edited:
Associate
11 losses 2 wins in the last 24 hours, my play hasn't changed and I am not facing platinum level players. Infuriated, confused and just hating SC2 right now.

edit: since the sig is slow to update 30 losses, 28 wins atm.

Soldato
Its a very bad mannered **** move.

You have to be very careful with CCs on maps like Desert Oasis and Lost temple (or any map with island /walled off expansions.) as terran can lose everything but an orbital command center, float off and then call in mules to start over.

So if you have base raced and lost all your air to air / air to ground units you can be in a bad spot.

I personally think no terran building should be able to fly for more than 3 min. And they require energy/ an upgrade to do so.

that is the truth right their, played someone on lost temple the other day and must have killed their base about thirteen times before i finally caught up with the bugger! the game lasted far too long, he was dead miles before the end, just refused to give in! :D

Soldato
this may of been discussed but did anyone see the recent Idra v drewbie game that lasted around 50 mins where he completely went on an early rage over terran abuse then promptly turned it around and started spouting more crap like 'now lets take a moment to reflect on what a failure you are at this game' etc etc etc.

admitadely drewbie was smak talking aswell but he is such an ass.

bit of log here:
(idra on the ropes, drewbie hammering with thors/marines)

drewbie: aw come on i wanted to use the 250mm cannon
idra: go **** yourself!
drewbie: pew pew
drewbie: i guess i dont really need to attack
idra: do you actually feel any satisfaction playing this
drewbie: its kinda funny i dont think its balanced lol
idra: well no ****

(later, idra turning it around)
idra: i wont you to take a moment and reflect on how much of a failure you are
drewbie: LOL
idra: to play like this and still lose
drewbie: zerg imba T_T well how would you have played it
idra: i wouldnt play terran because i have self respect
drewbie: well i played t when it was by far a worse race
idra: it was never worst, terran players are just so bad it seemed bad
drewbie: lies ok GG

lmao!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
this may of been discussed but did anyone see the recent Idra game that lasted around 50 mins where he completely went on an early rage over terran abuse then promptly turned it around and started spouting more crap like 'now lets take a moment to reflect on what a failure you are at this game' etc etc etc.

he is such an ass.

An ass he may be, but he is one of the best players in the world. If anyone has a say on balance, he does.

Also why wont they release Partycraft on Europe servers OMG

Associate
An ass he may be, but he is one of the best players in the world. If anyone has a say on balance, he does.

Also why wont they release Partycraft on Europe servers OMG

I read (on another forum) Idra was a second rate Broodwar player and only really decent know because the game got dumbed down abit.

kar

kar

Associate
I read (on another forum) Idra was a second rate Broodwar player and only really decent know because the game got dumbed down abit.

Errr are you serious? He was probably one of, if not _the_ best foreign broodwar player until he started playing Star 2 full time. And even then he did well at his last bw tournament.

this may of been discussed but did anyone see the recent Idra v drewbie game that lasted around 50 mins where he completely went on an early rage over terran abuse then promptly turned it around and started spouting more crap like 'now lets take a moment to reflect on what a failure you are at this game' etc etc etc.

admitadely drewbie was smak talking aswell but he is such an ass.

bit of log here:
(idra on the ropes, drewbie hammering with thors/marines)

drewbie: aw come on i wanted to use the 250mm cannon
idra: go **** yourself!
drewbie: pew pew
drewbie: i guess i dont really need to attack
idra: do you actually feel any satisfaction playing this
drewbie: its kinda funny i dont think its balanced lol
idra: well no ****

(later, idra turning it around)
idra: i wont you to take a moment and reflect on how much of a failure you are
drewbie: LOL
idra: to play like this and still lose
drewbie: zerg imba T_T well how would you have played it
idra: i wouldnt play terran because i have self respect
drewbie: well i played t when it was by far a worse race
idra: it was never worst, terran players are just so bad it seemed bad
drewbie: lies ok GG

lmao!

Idra was never on the ropes. The point of that match and the smacktalk was that IdrA was clearly in the driving seat for most of the game, yet regardless of what he tried, the Zerg army could not break the Terran Defensive line.
How many Bases did IdrA have over Droobie?
With other races you can make an army of 3 different unit types and that army will be strong enough to win a game in the midgame. In the late game the other races may need up to 6 different units. It seems Zerg need umteen more bases and to use all of their units in order to get past an entrenched terran.

Also you cut out all of the early ingame chat (the above extract is literally the last 10 min of the game IIRC)

Second rate only in Korea. For Everywhere else he was the best (non-Korean) player in the world.
You have to remember in SC:BW there are two distinct class of players. There are the Koreans, who basically live this game, and have commercial organizations sponsoring teams of SC:BW players, it is a professional sport there. Then there is the rest of the world, where this is "Just a game" Idra dominated the rest of the world, and is the only foreigner to get and retain a position in a Korean team.
Then you have to look at how the Korean teams work. You get signed and irrespective of the achievements you had in the past, you start at the bottom and have to work your way up acting as a training partner for the Teams more established players, you may get to play in the B leagues (or if your IdrA you can also attend the international Tournaments). Eventually if you show enough promise and a vacancy appears (Korea have mandatory national service so its only a matter of time before a vacancy appears) you will get a spot on the A team.

IdrA was doing well in the B league and dominated the international scene.
At the moment he is one of if not the best player in the world at SC2 and he is playing with the worst race.

So second rate, only in comparison to the Korean Pros. He was still one of the best players in the world, and he is holding his own (or starting to) against Tester in SC2 who is currently seen as the Best SC:BW player in the world (until quit his team and jacked in SC:BW)

And finally IdrAs style is very mechanical and macro orientated Dumbing down the game has probably helped him, but not as much as it has helped other players.

Last edited:
Soldato
Idra was never on the ropes. The point of that match and the smacktalk was that IdrA was clearly in the driving seat for most of the game, yet regardless of what he tried, the Zerg army could not break the Terran Defensive line.
How many Bases did IdrA have over Droobie?
With other races you can make an army of 3 different unit types and that army will be strong enough to win a game in the midgame. In the late game the other races may need up to 6 different units. It seems Zerg need umteen more bases and to use all of their units in order to get past an entrenched terran.

Also you cut out all of the early ingame chat (the above extract is literally the last 10 min of the game IIRC)

im not going to post the whole log you fool! lol. people can watch the game for that.

and he was on the ropes at the point of the terran push, he was losing a lot of supply with the ineffective pushing and luckily managed to find a hole in the line to then fully GG the game. i think your defending idra a little to much really. hes good but he aint god.
and all his raging is just turning his image into a spoilt brat that doesnt know when to stfu.

Last edited:
im not going to post the whole log you fool! lol. people can watch the game for that.

and he was on the ropes at the point of the terran push, he was losing a lot of supply with the ineffective pushing and luckily managed to find a hole in the line to then fully GG the game. i think your defending idra a little to much really. hes good but he aint god.
and all his raging is just turning his image into a spoilt brat that doesnt know when to stfu.

Clearly I have seen the game hence I know what I am talking about, seems to me you have copied this out of another forum and if you are only going to show a few lines of the transcript an not the whole transcript then you are not accurately reflecting the game. Further more you miss represented the entire game by stating "IdrA was on the ropes". More accurately "IdrA was in a commanding position but unable to break the Turtled Terran Mech line and was sustaining heavy losses during every attack. At this point in the game IdrA had just attempted to deny the expansion in the Bottom Right hand Corner and was beaten back in a fairly on-sided confrontation, in which Droobie took full advantage of the enclosed spaces on Kulas".

IdrA has always been bad mannered, his BM is becoming a SC meme. Your wrong, Idra is Very, Very good. I never suggested he is a god. I do have a lot of respect for him as a player and frankly I think his achievements speak for themselves. I also don't mind his BM as generally he says what a lot of people are thinking, and says the things that other people would like to say, but don't. That does not mean I condone it in Tournaments though.

And again you are missing the point. The game should not have progressed to that stage. If that matchup happened on any other map, or any other race combination. IdrA's dominance in the game would have ended it way way sooner. TBH he didn't really win by luck either. ZvX always results in Zerg losing a tonne of supply when they engage in head-on battles. But because of map dominance and the larva mechanistic Zerg can rebuild at a tremendous rate. Oh and if you look at the mining bases IdrA was doing way better than Droobie overall IIRC IdrA was mining from a few places and had enough map control to still expand in the places he was not mining. Droobie was almost mined out everywhere, which is why they were fighting over that bottom right hand expansion.

Kulas is basically the worst map in the SC2 Ladder rotation for zerg. For Zerg its harder to play Kulas than it is for the other races to play Desert Oasis (and no-one from the other races have a good word to say about DO)

Ultras which are supposed to be the Anti-Armored/Mech unit for Zerg are in-effective in Kulas because they can't get a surround due to all the choke points. This is what was delaying the inevitable.

IdrA won the game and any other outcome would have made a mockery of the game.

This game is actually a prime example of the imballance between Terran and Zerg at the moment.

Last edited:
Associate
I've had this game sat on my shelf waiting to be installed for a couple of weeks now lol, I plan on playing mafia II first to get me back into gaming, then I'll find out what the fuss is about with starcraft 2 & maybe I'll get hooked :).

Back
Top Bottom