Mafia 2 demo!

Soldato
reviewers really are retarded:
"In fact, to be honest, a lot of the time little things like the narrow design of the city and the realistically sloppy car handling can make Mafia 2 almost impossible to enjoy in the way it’s obvious it should be enjoyed. One early mission, for example, gives you only a few minutes to visit every petrol station in the city, of which there are many. It’s an almost impossible task which, it turns out, you aren’t even really expected to succeed in. If you fluff the mission up then the story continues regardless. The fact that that isn’t made clear meant we restarted the mission several times before grasping that failure wasn’t just an option, but actually the easiest way to win.."

I just finished that mission, succesfully, on my first try, on hard, on simulation mode.

It was really easy - just open map, plot a waypoint and there you go. If reviewers cannot do even that...

HAz

HAz

Soldato
I take most of the reviews with a pinch of salt, i mean pc gamer gave mafia 1 like 80% and gta 3 90 odd, no way was gta 3 a better game. Mafia 1 was the best single player experiance i have ever had on a pc or console.

Associate
100% agree with the 2 comments above :).

To paid game reviewers it's a job to them & they may not like the genre or be biased towards a similar game or even bribed, they can wreck a games reputation before it even hits store shelves when if someone bought the game without reading a biased review would more than likely consider the money well spent & just enjoy the game, big part of why I stopped buying magazines about 10 years ago, well that & the internet :D.

User reviews are so much better because it's their own fun time & are much better gamers evidently lol :D.

Still hoping my game pops through the letter box today :D, I'm totally itching to have a good play with it lol.

Soldato
Well I just started fourth chapter when I had to leave for work (sigh...as Joe would say, "working man's a sucker"), so far I would give 8 or 9..game has brilliant atmosphere, the ambiance..gameplay is great too, nothing revolutionary, but fun and polished.

Soldato
Always better too when you get the game free, eh Paul?

I have it ordered twice from game in its special edition, one for me, the other for a friend. But since I go on two weeks vacation on 27th (same day it unlocks), I just could not resist. Shame on me!

To my defense, I almost actually paypaled money to friend in US who I wanted to gift it to me (thus paying twice)..till I noticed that even when bought in US, I would STILL have it locked till 27th. Those regional restrictions are pain in the a..

Associate
I take most of the reviews with a pinch of salt, i mean pc gamer gave mafia 1 like 80% and gta 3 90 odd, no way was gta 3 a better game. Mafia 1 was the best single player experiance i have ever had on a pc or console.

I agree upto a point, loved Mafia but things have moved on in the eight or so years since its release. From what Ive read Mafia hasnt, one mission at a time with no side missions to break things up and nothing to do except go for a bit of a drive. It almost seems pointless to make a sandbox game with no other content than a linear series of missions.

Even with a game like GTA4 which people slated for cutting out a lot of the more fun activities of SA I lost count of the amount of times Id go off intending to do a mission and get side tracked into doing something else.

Wasnt as much of a problem with the first Mafia as the story and character really carried things and from what Ive seen of Mafia 2 Im concerned that this wont be the case :( .

OcUK Staff
For those eager to get this game, well OcUK has 1000 of these in stock ready for Fridays launch. :D

The good news is were going to give them away. :)

The catch is :-
You will have to buy certain products to be eligable to get a free download voucher for the full Mafia 2 PC game.

More new will be released first thing Friday. :D

Soldato
One of the latest games I've demo'd and will actually pre-order :) About time a decent PC game is released to be honest! The last one I enjoyed like this was Hitman Blood Money!

Thought I'd mention the handling on the cars in garage are terrible in the demo lol

Last edited:
Soldato
For those eager to get this game, well OcUK has 1000 of these in stock ready for Fridays launch. :D

The good news is were going to give them away. :)

The catch is :-
You will have to buy certain products to be eligable to get a free download voucher for the full Mafia 2 PC game.

More new will be released first thing Friday. :D

:cool:

Soldato
Cant work out what problem is i have with Mafia 2 got 460gtx 1gb when i move with Vito or stand next to something bright say lamp in house on demo or even out in street can see like black or white ghost outline.

I think its some kind of lighting issue but not sure what problem is im on latest drivers i tried going through setting one by one but no joy. Here some screenshots anyone got any ideas its definitely not reflection because i run with Vito and seems to be this white feint outline what catches up.

Sorry about size i had to keep it like this otherwise cant see the problems its causing with say jpeg.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/bingham67/mafia22010-08-2604-35-26-16.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/bingham67/mafia22010-08-2604-35-43-36.png

Really bugging me as no other game i have installed does this and looking up i cant find no information on it at all im playing at 1920x1080 60hz.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cant work out what problem is i have with Mafia 2 got 460gtx 1gb when i move with Vito or stand next to something bright say lamp in house on demo or even out in street can see like black or white ghost outline.

I think its some kind of lighting issue but not sure what problem is im on latest drivers i tried going through setting one by one but no joy. Here some screenshots anyone got any ideas its definitely not reflection because i run with Vito and seems to be this white feint outline what catches up.

Sorry about size i had to keep it like this otherwise cant see the problems its causing with say jpeg.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/bingham67/mafia22010-08-2604-35-26-16.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/bingham67/mafia22010-08-2604-35-43-36.png

Really bugging me as no other game i have installed does this and looking up i cant find no information on it at all im playing at 1920x1080 60hz.

I had that exact same thing on my 5850 Toxic 2048MB.

Back
Top Bottom