**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

kar

kar

Associate
I think I will start playing Toss instead of terran now as it seems I can not find a way against fast mass rouches .... if a player gets them out quickly, im doomed :eek:

I'd seriously stick to Terran. As scott says, if you struggle with roaches, my goodness you're going to be in for a shock playing a terran (as protoss) and trying to figure out stopping marauders.

I am quite happy facing mass roach as protoss, but it takes a lot of stalker micro to achieve. With Terran cost for cost Maruaders obliterate roaches with little more than 1a micro.

Caporegime
Protoss are actually easier to "learn" the game as tbh. Terran is much easier to play once you're decent at the game, and zerg is definitely the hardest no matter what level you are.

I wonder if thats true. I've learnt loads since switching to Protoss, wonder if I'd fare much better as Terran now. Not that I particularly want too, loving the weird looking aliens so far.

Soldato
I wonder if thats true. I've learnt loads since switching to Protoss, wonder if I'd fare much better as Terran now. Not that I particularly want too, loving the weird looking aliens so far.

I went terran > zerg > protoss > terran. I think a few games for each race better highlights the advantages that other races have so you can better exploit them when you do play as them.

Associate
weird question but; has anyone else noticed that their portrait icon has just disappeared mine is a black box now and when the game laucnhes all four players have a computer icon like if it was lan game or something, not sure if this a bug or not or anyone else has it? when select portrait nothing comes up :S not really a problem but... :D

Soldato
weird question but; has anyone else noticed that their portrait icon has just disappeared mine is a black box now and when the game laucnhes all four players have a computer icon like if it was lan game or something, not sure if this a bug or not or anyone else has it? when select portrait nothing comes up :S not really a problem but... :D

yea had similar stuff myself, friend had the same also.

Also had trouble accessing my profile info last night. Managed to record games though so it wasnt totally broken :)

Soldato

Seems to happen when the achievement section of BNET goes down.

Soldato
Get to 10, build supply.
11/12 - Build barracks
13 - Reactor (I do this so I can get a factory down)

ASAP while doing the reactor get a bunker down against zerg and you're safe for a few minutes. You should be able to do this on every map before they come, unless it's a 5/6 pool. In that case some micro will safe you I find, it is hard though I agree. Good luck :)

huh, cheers for that. Been playing a few games as terran, hoping i can get somewhere near as good with T as i am with P/Z (well i say good but.. :p). Feeling comfortable with 10 supply into 11/12 rax, but after that i feel like i dont have enough units if i'm going 1-1-1. Will try with the reactor tonight :)

Associate
I won my first placement match :D
Took an hour though, TvZ :/
I probably could have attacked, but I sat around building a huge army of Marines/Seige tanks which I didnt actually get to use except in defence because he quit when my 6 stealthed Banshees took out most of his buildings :p

I've decided, I love Cheese... Or rather I love it when I spot the enemy is cheesing me.

Other than the 6pool, which admittedly I am sometimes caught out by. I think I have just about got the right balance between paranoia and scouting that I can usually spot cheese. And if I spot it, I think I have the presence of mind to overcome it in 1v1 games.

Its been a while since I have lost as a result of proxy pylons, proxy gateways, or proxy rax in 1v1.

Just had a toss proxy gateway the bottom of my ramp in Blistering Sands. I got parinoid at 12/18 when I hadn't been scouted, so I checked the tall grass by my destructable rocks. I then sent my 13th out to scout his base. My 13th just left my base and I saw the blue dots on my mini-map... I looked and low and behold 2 gates and 2 pylons. I quickly built lings and threw down 2 spine crawlers(I 11 pool BTW because its very hard to stop this sort of cheese with a 14 pool if you don't spot the pylon straight away) My crawlers in fairness were out of position, I'd put them at the edge of my creep and I should have put them right next to my hatchery or in my mineral line. However with a bit of micro and the sacrifice of my queen I managed to only lose one drone. he attacked a few more times and I moved my spines back (losing one in the process) I quickly rebuilt 3 more spines and built up my ling forces. I dropped a roach warren and used half my lings to open my back door. Once the backdoor was open I built 4 roaches and took all my lings to his base. I killed his probes nexus and went to town on his starport (which had just completed). Meanwhile he pushed into my base with all of his forces (about 6 zealots and 6-8 stalkers) they managed to kill 1 queen (I had 2 at this point) 1 roach and one of 4 spine crawlers.

He quit... He had a grand total of 0 units (and 0 probes) and about 150 minerals :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom