Codemasters F1 2010 X360/PS3 (contains important question about 2011 game!!!)

Soldato
The new vids look good :).
I've read through most of this thread (and the one in the PC section) and I don't remember seeing clarification of whether we'll be able to remove all the overlay from the screen. Stuff like other drivers names above their cars, position, track map etc... Anyone know if this is possible??

Soldato
I've read through most of this thread (and the one in the PC section) and I don't remember seeing clarification of whether we'll be able to remove all the overlay from the screen. Stuff like other drivers names above their cars, position, track map etc... Anyone know if this is possible??

You could do in grip, dirt, not tried in dirt 2, so would have thought so.

ags

Associate

Yep you can do that.

Soldato
OP
Not really hard for this generation as it's the only one isn't it?

ags

Not the ony one this gen no, but I think this will be better than even the old Playstation titles. Game seems to handle pretty well, sounds and looks the part so good chance of this being quite epic in F1 games, terms?

Soldato
F1 2010 – Officially Supported Controllers List
PlayStation 3:

* DUAL SHOCK 3
* Logitech Driving Force EX/RX
* Logitech Driving Force Pro
* Logitech Driving Force GT
* Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
* Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
* Thrustmaster Run’N’Drive Wireless Rumble Force
* Thrustmaster Dual Trigger Rumble Force

Xbox 360:

* Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller
* Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel
* Logitech Drive FX Wheel
* Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S

PC:

* Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller
* Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel
* Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel with Force Feedback
* Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo / Turbo S / GT3 RS Wheel
* Logitech Dual Action
* Logitech MOMO Racing
* Logitech MOMO Force
* Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
* Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
* Logitech Rumble Pad 2
* Logitech Cordless Rumble Pad 2
* Logitech Driving Force GT
* Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Clutch Edition
* Thrustmaster Ferrari 430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel

http://www.motorthusiast.com/219/f1-2010-officially-supported-controllers-list/

Soldato
Seen this?

You would have thought the tyre would fall appart and bar some handling issues, he seems to be managing all right (7th gear flat out near enough with a puncture). Then again I have no idea what difficulty setting this was one.

Question regarding this folks.

If the right tyre on an F1 car were to deflate like that and the car turned to the left, which way would the RIGHT tyre veer off to in this situation? (I believe the video represents this correctly but I want further confirmation :))

Soldato
Question regarding this folks.

If the right tyre on an F1 car were to deflate like that and the car turned to the left, which way would the RIGHT tyre veer off to in this situation? (I believe the video represents this correctly but I want further confirmation :))

It depends really, if the left tyre still has grip and is pushing in on the corner then the right tyre will flap to the left, if the left tyre has no grip and the car slides, then the right tyre will flap out to the right... If going round a right hand bend.

Ags

Associate
It depends really, if the left tyre still has grip and is pushing in on the corner then the right tyre will flap to the left, if the left tyre has no grip and the car slides, then the right tyre will flap out to the right... If going round a right hand bend.

Ags

This is spot on. It will depend on the 'exact' direction of the car. You may even find that turning left would cause the tire to initially flap left and then further into the corner flap right.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a stickler for realism so I'm still debating with myself wether to use the T-cam view or the cockpit view.. decisions decisions...

Soldato
OP
Seen the video earlier and like the animation of the tyre. Still I hope those are arcade mode physics.

If the tyre stays on or off for me isnt such an issue.
That car appears to have too much stability and little drop in aero performance for the damage it has sustained.

*The front wing is gone
*The right hand mirror missing too.

If an F1 car loses the front end grip it should be made much more difficult to drive in th game and have understeer considerably.

Soldato
I've just noticed the model is wrong for the Red Bull wing mirrors, new rules mean they need to be fixed next to the driver rather than being right out now.

Small detail, but looks like they are using the car designs submitted at the very start of the year without any of the current modifications.

Back
Top Bottom