HTC Hero, coming July on Orange and T-Mobile, makes me want!

Associate
this phone official sucks if you want to use 3g/h. its totally ****** up :(

Really....

Works fine here and I am sure many have no problems with it either. Instead of sounding like a troll and just moaning that it sucks because something doesn't work for you, try posting what the problem is and maybe, just maybe ask for help!

you really might want to get some facts involved before you spout crap.

LOL!

Soldato
[SKR]Phoenix;17247383 said:
Really....

Works fine here and I am sure many have no problems with it either. Instead of sounding like a troll and just moaning that it sucks because something doesn't work for you, try posting what the problem is and maybe, just maybe ask for help!

LOL!

I have done in the past in this very thread.

I'll explain again.

My network is orange and 3G coverage in my area is good so there shouldn't be any problems. When the 3G sign is showing = 0 data, no connection. However, when it has 'H' its fine. But the problem is, it switches between H and 3G too often which leaves me with a very unstable connection (I'm using that term lightly). If it had the H signal all the time things would be fine. I have this problem where ever I take the phone even in central london.

Many people are suffering this (google) as well as some people on here. So it's not just me.

I've tried all the radios, including the latest one but no luck. I've even fiddled with the network settings (WCDMA etc) and its made no difference.

Any ideas?

i have the exact same problem and always have afaik. it's a pain as i lose all connections so no one can call; not great for business. it changes sometimes every 10 seconds from g to 3g to h etc, but then when it's on a call it usually sticks to what it's on :confused:

Associate
no such network problems here

orange
sits on H when downloading/uplading
drops down to 3G when idling
(as it should)
never even seen the G/E icons

have had all sorts of roms on the phone and never any issues (apart from lastweek when the orange data network was down)

maybe your experiencing a backlash of that?

Soldato
i have the exact same problem and always have afaik. it's a pain as i lose all connections so no one can call; not great for business. it changes sometimes every 10 seconds from g to 3g to h etc, but then when it's on a call it usually sticks to what it's on :confused:

ditto mate :(

no such network problems here

orange
sits on H when downloading/uplading
drops down to 3G when idling
(as it should)
never even seen the G/E icons

have had all sorts of roms on the phone and never any issues (apart from lastweek when the orange data network was down)

maybe your experiencing a backlash of that?

interesting....i've had the problem since i've had the phone (september)

Last edited:
Soldato
is your phone stock 1.5 or 2.1
do you have root
maybe you should try reflashing your rom (if you havent already) + radio

was 1.5 originally for like 2 days! :p

I've had the problem on every rom I've tried (and the updates) - modaco, villainrom, froydvillain. Yep, tried the radios as well :/

Associate
Soldato
I have done in the past in this very thread.

I'll explain again.

My network is orange and 3G coverage in my area is good so there shouldn't be any problems. When the 3G sign is showing = 0 data, no connection. However, when it has 'H' its fine. But the problem is, it switches between H and 3G too often which leaves me with a very unstable connection (I'm using that term lightly). If it had the H signal all the time things would be fine. I have this problem where ever I take the phone even in central london.

Many people are suffering this (google) as well as some people on here. So it's not just me.

I've tried all the radios, including the latest one but no luck. I've even fiddled with the network settings (WCDMA etc) and its made no difference.

Any ideas?

Nice to know its not just me then. Im not too bothered as im gonna buy a new phone shortly (Motorola Milestone 2). I spoke to Oranges customer services a while back and they told me to contact HTC and tell them what was happening, and they said to quote the fault code FW140 to them, what the code means I have no idea though.

Man of Honour
I dug out my old HTC Hero on Orange tonight and wanted to stick 2.1 on it as my dad wants a new phone and I said he could have that.

Google and 20 mins later I have a rooted HTC Hero running Android 2.1, and what an improvement it is! It's basically just like the Desire but on slightly older hardware.

I stand by my opinion that this is the phone to buy for anyone on a sub £200 budget.

Shame there is no free method to unlock it though... :( Damn Orange :p

Back
Top Bottom