Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
What are the options other than MyTracks for cycling tracking? I like the map of MyTracks but the stats screen is pretty tight and difficult to read on a run/cycle.

Is anybody using any good alternatives (free or under £5)?

Soldato
To answer your question, that is correct you would get charged 9p a min plus the local rate of your mobile network operator(if you have free minutes, it would use this). Just think of a phone card where you have to dial into a local number, enter the pin then dial the international number - this is what the app basically does. The Callback Rate might be cheaper so check the rates page.

I don't want to ruin this thread too much but you can find all the relevant information on the MO-Call website and if you do experience any problems, please access the support page. I don't want to spam this thread too much so if you have questions, please email me via the trust.

Cheers!

try to keep it brief as it is off topic but , I have used your company to ring Taiwan and had no end of problems. however after a quick email I had several calls from the support desk and my issues were solved within hours which to me is top notch.

So if anyone is after a VOIP mo-call gets a thumbs up from me :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Can anyone spec any good games
pref free if not paid ones :)

Also are app killers really worth it? i've heard they do more damage than good?

a lot of people really like Robo Defence you can install SNES and Megadrive emulators as well but you are limited to what games you can realistically play with a touch screen interface.

Soldato
If it hasn't been mentioned before..

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/m/alpha.html

Firefox for Android just recently started its Alpha testing phase. It installs to around 27 MB though :eek: and is quite slow! so go test fellow Androiders ;)

• Firefox Sync synchronizes your Firefox history, bookmarks, passwords and tabs
between your desktop and mobile...
• Add-ons are available to customize the functionality and look of your Firefox
• Personalized Start page lets you pick up where you left off on your desktop
• Awesome Screen gets to know you and takes you to your favorite websites with minimal typing
• Pinch-to-zoom (Android), double-tab, or use the volume rocker (Nokia N900) to zoom in and out
• Tabbed browsing in thumbnail view lets you easily see and select the site you want
• Location-Aware Browsing gives you content and info relevant to your location
• Save to PDF, Find In Page, Forget Password, Send Page and Add Search Engine located in the Site Menu all help you manage your preferences and options for each site you’re on
• Context Menu lets you Open in New Tab and Share by long tapping and holding a link or image

Associate
What are the options other than MyTracks for cycling tracking? I like the map of MyTracks but the stats screen is pretty tight and difficult to read on a run/cycle.

I've been using Cardiotrainer all summer for my biking. I did use MyTracks once, but I find Cardiotrainer much more comprehensive. Free as well.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
You think there is anyway someone could link Shazam to a youtube search and couple it with an audio extractor?

Associate

I've used mytracks which was good but basic, cardiotrainer which was better but froze a lot would often not track anything by GPS so it would look like I had been sat still for an hour. I'm now trying out RunKeeper as it was voted best by LifeHacker for personal fitness tracking. Their website certainly seems the best I've seen for ease of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom