*****Mafia 2 PC Game FREE with Qualifying NVIDIA Products!*****

Soldato
I love the way that something is added for free and its moaned about.. :confused:

I think it's the fact that it was branded as "something special happening at midnight" in GD, when although it's a decent offer if you're already in the market for a graphics card, it probably doesn't meet a lot of people's expectations of "something special" :p

Associate
not bad, pity you have to buy another gpu for a free game, this is more targetted at peeps that don't have/ want to upgrade a gpu.

not good for anybody else :(

Soldato
I was just wondering something (wow!).

I bought a GTX470 last week from a competitor and redeemed the offer for Mafia 2 and Just Cause 2. Would this affect my ability to return the card (I didn't know at the time that I'd have such problems with SLI)? I looked on Nvidias site's T+Cs but nothing there. I guess it can't affect the DSR as you're not paying for the games, but the card?

Associate
I was just wondering something (wow!).

I bought a GTX470 last week from a competitor and redeemed the offer for Mafia 2 and Just Cause 2. Would this affect my ability to return the card (I didn't know at the time that I'd have such problems with SLI)? I looked on Nvidias site's T+Cs but nothing there. I guess it can't affect the DSR as you're not paying for the games, but the card?

I sent back a GTX 260 a while ago having redeemed the copy of Farcry2 that was bundled with the card. Didn't make any difference, they accepted the return anyway. I did include the FC2 disc in the return though, although I doubt if it would have been an issue if I hadn't.

Edit. Come to think of it, don't think there ever was a disc, it was a download code. Wouldn't have thought they would know/care if the game had been redeemed tbh. Would only become an issue if it was restocked with exactly the same voucher and some unfortunate punter couldn't get their game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for your input Mark. Nvidia's customer care is actually talking to me at the moment, so fingers crossed I can solve the issue without having to send the card back.

Back
Top Bottom