Best console for F1 2010 Xbox or PS3

Soldato
I wouldnt be surprised if the X360 version runs a bit better.
Not because its better but it still seems to be Codemasters development console and then porting to PC and PS3.

I dont think weve seen any videos of it running via PS3 yet, have we?
However I will buy the PS3 version as any differences will be small but PS3 should have the improved audio and maybe better loading times.
Also the benefit of using a wider selection of steering wheels.

which has the better GFX
Both will likley look identical with only slight differences

which has the best online game play
Both will support 12 cars online, but full grid offline

which has the best control
Pad controllers are personal choice and preference
X360 Wheel Vs Logitech DF GT, here the Logitech wins and may be part of your reason to go with PS3

Last edited:
Soldato
If your going to be using a wheel, then I'd say PS3 (has the better wheel support). Sticking to a pad, then I'd say 360.

Last 2 or so Codemasters games have looked all but identical on ps3 / 360, but slightly better performance on 360.

Dragon rising looked a bit better on the xbox (same engine)

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=15649

Part of the reason I thought they never showed shots of it on the ps3 before release.

Soldato
Just wait for a side by side from lens of truth or someone. Doubt they'll be much in it as always.

Do you have any friends with either? That's always the best way to choose.

I never knew about this site and I already love it (although the fanboy arguments after the reviews are a bit lame ;) ).
Thanks for posting the link - even though you posted it for someone else :p

Associate
Ok guys thanks for the replys!

As my friends use a mixture of both, its hard to choose, but on a price format the Xbox wins i guess. reliability the PS3 wins.

I wont be buying a steering wheel, and F1 2010 wont be the only game iam playing.

Now the part that the xbox hasn't been upgraded since first release is not what the guy in game told me, he said it had been upgraded and was 10X faster than the original Xbox. Don't worry i didn't believe that line anyway but i did think that maybe they had improved the hardware some since its original release.

so another question needs to be asked, is either console going to be upgraded in the near future? PS4 Xbox 460 ect!

If not then i shall go Xbox 360 me thinks!

As an owner of both consoles, if you won't be using a steering wheel Id go for the xbox as its cheaper and personally I find the pad much better for racing games.

I would imagine you wouldnt get much trouble with the new slim model reliability wise (although I have seen a couple of 'death' threads on here).

Also IMO the online connectivity is better for the xbox, but at a price!

Soldato
I never knew about this site and I already love it (although the fanboy arguments after the reviews are a bit lame ;) ).
Thanks for posting the link - even though you posted it for someone else :p

No worries. Its always good for a quick reference when deciding.

Soldato
Based on experience with GRID and DIRT 2 which use the same basic engine I suspect the 360 will have the edge for graphics.

I'd be more inclined to base my decision on what platform my friends are using and the available controllers etc.

Soldato
Based on experience with GRID and DIRT 2 which use the same basic engine I suspect the 360 will have the edge for graphics.

I'd be more inclined to base my decision on what platform my friends are using and the available controllers etc.

Its gotta be friends>all really hasnt .

Last edited:
Soldato
What Im thinking of too - though with GP4 and rFactor F1 mods I wonder how this will really fair outside of the license advantage...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Same here, i can use my wheel for it and im pretty sure the mod scene (hopefully will be one) will give me old /new F1 cars. It would be pretty cool to use the old turbo charged monsters of the 80s in an up to date game.

Back
Top Bottom