Codemasters F1 2010 X360/PS3 (contains important question about 2011 game!!!)

Soldato
question for the pros. Which wheel? or just go with the PS3 ds3 ?

Logitech Driving Force EX/RX
* Logitech Driving Force Pro
* Logitech Driving Force GT
* Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
* Logitech G27 Racing Wheel

Other thing is the wheels are pretty expensive - except the first one (the EX/RX)

I mean would you say its better to use a wheel? rather than the PS controller?

Finally, i've checked each of those wheels and uhmm NONE of em look like the real life F1 controller :(

Associate
I don't think there are any decent wheels out there with the F1 shape, there's not that many F1 games to make wheels for :)

The DFP should be less than £40 2nd hand, and is a great wheel, well worth the money, I only got rid of mine because I broke it so replaced it with a G27, which is only worth the money if you play a lot of racing games.

I definitely prefer a wheel over a controller, more immersive and fun, and more control over the car itself :D

M0T

M0T

Soldato
I have ordered this for the 360 and want to get a wheel to play with it, but I can't seem to find one in stock for less than £70. There seem to be plenty about for the PS3. Does anyone know of a decent cheap wheel that will do the job?

Associate
It was good to see todays race with someone having a tyre problem it shows that the video posted with that bloke driving down the straight at high speed is so fake and i really hope that is sorted before it hits the stores it was stupid.

I have not seen any info about cars failing like engine blow ups is that not in the game?

Associate
It was good to see todays race with someone having a tyre problem it shows that the video posted with that bloke driving down the straight at high speed is so fake and i really hope that is sorted before it hits the stores it was stupid.

I have not seen any info about cars failing like engine blow ups is that not in the game?

If I recal correctly faliures arent simulated. :(

Soldato
I know this aint going to be a real racing sim like the others, but they could have added a option for random engine pops,race07, gtr2, arca remax, nascar 2003, even the old gp4 has them, i dont play rfactor but i bet even that sim has them.

Man of Honour
According the the official forums - the AI can suffer mechanical failures, but players can't. The players engine can lose power though. Was hoping there would at least be an option for it :(. Oh well, probably a feature for 2011.

Caporegime
I have ordered this for the 360 and want to get a wheel to play with it, but I can't seem to find one in stock for less than £70. There seem to be plenty about for the PS3. Does anyone know of a decent cheap wheel that will do the job?
Dont think there are any that are cheap and decent - the official one is adequate I suppose but isnt great value for money compared to Logitech wheels...

So unsure of this game but not spent too much looking into this - is this going to be worth getting? Or will I be better served by a modded PC game?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
Really ? you are going to cancel what could possibly be the best F1 game in many years because the game designers decided not to include your engine going pop on lap 49 ? come on don't be daft.

To you it may be daft but to some of us that are used to simple features like failures it's a big deal.

I am running gp4 with 2010 mods and if this new game doesn't even have which is part of racing mechanical faults and real damage then whats the point wasting money switching to it I might as well stick with what i got until next years ago if that has the new features.

Soldato
People are happy for random engine blow ups? I'm pretty sure you would be really angry if winning a race and all of a sudden for no reason your engine blows and you lose the race and championship.

Back
Top Bottom